“This Days Inn is the absolute WORST motel I've ever stayed in.”

Days Inn Ladson Summerville Charleston
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ladson
Reviewed December 19, 2013

First, the receptionist placed us directly next to the construction out of all the rooms, and as we got out of the car (two girls), two construction workers wouldn't stop staring at us and making us very uncomfortable. The extremely disturbing level of noise from the workers doesn't even come close to how terrifying it was when they actually tried to BREAK INTO OUR ROOM. My partner had to literally hold the door closed while yelling, “No! Go Away!” and they continued to keep swiping the card and trying to push the door knob in until I had to call the front desk from my cell phone (room phone wasn't working) to get them to go away. They refused to change my room or answer why they placed us so close to the construction. When we came back later on the night from going out, both of our cards no longer worked so we had to walk all the way up to the front desk's outdoor window in the cold while waiting for them to make us new cards (while the day receptionist stared at us rudely). The room itself was in poor shape—the carpet was ripped, red stains on the floor, the toilet shook. I curiously opened the desk drawer only to find a card hidden in the far back that said if it was not placed on the bed, housekeeping would not wash the sheets. We ended up having to check-out at 2am because my feet were bitten, red, swollen, and itching so bad from what I only imagine were bed bugs that, and the best part was when we went to check out, the blonde night receptionist was just sitting in plain site picking her nose before she even noticed me at the window. Worst $74 I've ever wasted, please don't make the same mistake I did! I'd rather slept out in my car.

Room Tip: There's a Best Western across the street.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Ladson Summerville Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

I am so sorry that you experienced problems when you visited the Days Inn in Ladson. I have forwarded your comments to the proper departments so corrections can be made. I am sorry for the inconvenience to you.
We appreciate your business and wish you safe travels.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We are on a road trip around the south east US and have stayed in lots of Days Inns. This one was the worst. It wasn't particularly clean. It felt very old and tired. I think the price should reflect this, but it didn't. Breakfast was meagre and there was only a McDonalds close by.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Ladson Summerville Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

I am so sorry that you were not pleased with the accommodations at the Days Inn Summerville.
We will use your comments as we strive to improve and offer better services/
We appreciate your business.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Ladson Summerville Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Reviewed October 23, 2013

quick get away weekend trip. the hotel was very clean and nice. it was very close to everything we wanted to do. the only problem was the smoke odor when we enter the room. it was really strong for a non smoking room. the next day after we came back from our outing. I found cigarette ashes my the coffee maker. I did read the review about the odor and had brought some air freshener. Over all the hotel was very nice and clean. We had a great time. Thank you to the lady that checked us in. She was very friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Ladson Summerville Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Thank you for your review, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry about the smoke odor and ashes in your coffeemaker.
We appreciate your business and hope you will visit again soon.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 14, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed September 10, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Ladson Summerville Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ladson
Best Western Magnolia Inn and Suites
Days Inn Goose Creek
Days Inn Goose Creek
#3 of 3 in Goose Creek
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston University Boulevard
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston Un...
#9 of 58 in North Charleston
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 10 in Summerville

Been to Days Inn Ladson Summerville Charleston? Share your experiences!