“Well laid out - Expensive, a nice place to be”
Review of The Ocean Course

The Ocean Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Highly recommended golf course with dramatic views of the Atlantic.
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Arrived with some golf buddy's. Green fees $370 plus shared caddie, worked out a bit over $400. An America version of a links style layout and runs pretty close to that. Tough course so if your handicap is not in low single figures bring plenty of balls. Food looked expensive so we dined elsewhere. There off season deals looked better value than the standard green fee. For me to play it once was all I needed to do. We played another course on the Island designed by Gary Player at $270 and it was way to expensive for an average course, so the Ocean course would be my only recommendation. Shame they didn't have the course closers to the Ocean, that would have made a big difference. True links is Ballyliffen, Royal County Down & Royal Portruch but the Ocean course is a fair attempt

Reviewed October 27, 2013

.......The excellent service and attention to details that I have come to expect at Sanctuary. Wonderful dining room for a romantic evening with the one that you love...........

Reviewed October 22, 2013

All my expectations were met on my round of golf on the immaculate and very challenging ocean course. It was truly amazing and would recommend it for all hackers. While expensive, it is worth a lifetime of memories and getting par on several holes including 17th par 3 will never be forgotten. Just hope it is not to windy when you play. also make sure you grab a drink and something to eat in the Ryder cup grill with spectacular views.

1  Thank patter40
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The Ocean Course was home to the 2012 Ryder's Cup Championship, Rory McElroy's 1st Major win. I haven't played the course but my son has and says it is magnificent. My favorite is the Ocean Course Club House. Wonderful restaurant overlooking the ocean and 18th green. Food is great and service is first class. The Ryder Bar is a wonderful place for drinks and to watch the sunset.

1  Thank deb520
Reviewed October 14, 2013

After a round of golf, my husband and I had a late lunch at the Ryder Cup Bar. Had the Low Country Grill Cheese Sandwich. What an incredible sandwich! Palmetto cheese, fried green tomatoes, country ham grilled on jalapeno corn bread...delicious!