“Great Tennis”

Kiawah Island Tennis
Reviewed May 30, 2012

As an occasional visitor, they've always matched me with a partner. When they couldn't on my last visit, I got to play with the pro for FREE.

2  Thank jcookep
in 17 reviews
"teacher"
"ball"

Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed at a Kiawah tennis villa for two weeks in April starting on Easter weekend and used the tennis center 8 times. I took 4 group lessons/drills and also participated in 4 round robin doubles. The quality of the lessons was good and only 1 day was the size of the group 10 to 1 pro. The round robins were lightly attended and as a result the men and women were mixed and a pro occasionally needed to fill in.
What I learned is that Kiawah doesn't get consistently full until June, July and August when the temp often reaches 100 degrees. I also leaned that the property management group rents out places for the weekend and even by the night to generate income. By comparison, last year we went to Longboat Key, Fl where there is an excellent public clay court center and resort centers that are full all day and people generally rent on the island by the month.
So, depending on when you go to Kiawah, it may be sparse or very hot and humid.

1  Thank Roch06
Reviewed April 22, 2012

My husband and I did the ultimate tennis package, which included two hours of clinics/drills a day, unlimited court time and round robin play in the evening. We arrived on Friday, did our drills/clinics and signed up for the round robin. Unfortunately the round robin is not available on weekends and since we were there in the off season there weren't many other players around to play. If it were during the season it would have been much easier to find people and to take advantage of the unlimited court time that we were paying for and not using. I would have been more economical to just pay for the drills/clinics that we took. As for the drills/clinics... they were great. But when you make your reservation make SURE they you tell them your USTA rating and ask to be put with people of like ability. Otherwise you might be paired with a first time player and a lot of your time will be wasted. This happened to a couple of people there and they were extremely disappointed. We were lucky to get Jonathon and Ryan and to be paired with people of like ability. We are planning to return

1  Thank patricia452
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Very nice club house, great clay courts with cold water and towels at each court. An enjoyable place to play tennis.

1  Thank Steve T