My wife and I recently stayed at the Sanctuary to celebrate our anniversary.
Everything about this resort is first class. When we drove up, the bellmen did an outstanding job securing luggage. The palatial lobby upon entrance is breathtaking. Check-in by the front desk staff was very proficient and professional.
Our room was beautiful. Although it was not oceanfront, it had a view of the ocean facing to the north. It had a huge balcony that offered great views of the ocean and the manicured courtyard below. The room was large and featured a marble bathroom with separate shower and a deep soaking tub. The shower itself was fantastic, featuring several showerheads. The bathroom had folding shutters that allowed someone in the bath to be able to look out into the room or watch TV. There was a DVD player in the room and complimentary DVD's were available at the concierge desk. The room also included a full-length mirror.
The Sanctuary is located on Kiawah island in a beautiful private residential area. It has world class golf onsite including the famed Ocean Course. There are biking and walking trails located throughout the resort. We biked throughout the resort and they allow guests to bike on the beach as well. When the tide is out, biking is very easy on the flat, hard sand. They have a world class spa onsite and both an indoor and outdoor pool.
We only ate breakfast at the resort in the Jasmine Porch dining room. It was a fantastic buffet including an omlette station. We ate dinner outside the resort, but they have an upscale dinner option available at the resort called the Ocean Room. Jasmine Porch also serves dinner. they have a Beaches and Cream ice cream shop in the resort as well.
I have been to other ocean resorts around the world and I rate this near the top of the list. The resort is beautiful, has a well trained staff and wonderful rooms. I did see several families staying there. They have a very good kids club at the resort and advertise the resort as being one of the top family resorts in the USA. I would not hesitate to recommend this resort to anyone and I look forward to coming back to the Sanctuary in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near Charleston, SC, The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort is an oceanfront Five Star/ Five Diamond hotel and spa offering casual Southern grace, comfort and charm on one of the top eco-friendly island in the U.S. It features five golf courses including The Ocean Course, site of the 2012 PGA Championship. Tennis magazine ranks it as America's No. 3 tennis resorts and it has one of the top-ranked beaches in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Preferred Hotels, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your The Sanctuary Hotel at Kiawah Island Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sanctuary At Kiawah Island Golf Hotel Kiawah Island
- Sanctuary Hotel Kiawah Island
- The Sanctuary Kiawah Island