We have been to Kiawah many times before with our children and stayed in different villas and homes. This was our first visit as a couple and were very pleased with the level of personalized service and quality of accommodations. Let them know of any special occasions and any activities you are interested in so that they can help with scheduling and make specific recommendations . I was was considering playing only 9 holes at Osprey Point so I could play more quickly as my wife relaxed at the pool. They set up an afternoon tee time with no one in front of me and I played 18 holes in 3 hours. TIPS: 1. Ask for a detailed map of the bike trails and roads (bell stand has this) since the trails tend to be minimally marked. On check in they gave us only a small map that had little detail. 2. Be sure to tour the Island on bike and visit the Marsh towers. 3. If you arrive before check in you can change in the provided locker rooms and enjoy the poolside amenities until your room is ready with your luggage delivered. Best check in experience ever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near Charleston, SC, The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort is an oceanfront Five Star/ Five Diamond hotel and spa offering casual Southern grace, comfort and charm on one of the top eco-friendly island in the U.S. It features five golf courses including The Ocean Course, site of the 2012 PGA Championship. Tennis magazine ranks it as America's No. 3 tennis resorts and it has one of the top-ranked beaches in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Sanctuary Hotel at Kiawah Island Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sanctuary At Kiawah Island Golf Hotel Kiawah Island
- Sanctuary Hotel Kiawah Island
- The Sanctuary Kiawah Island