My husband and I just returned from a trip to The Sanctuary. It couldn't have been better! The hotel is fabulous with amazing staff. Everyone went above and beyond to make our stay special. The housekeeping staff was the best we have ever had. We have stayed at many nice hotels and this is definitely one of the best--much better than any Ritz Carlton that we have stayed at. We loved playing tennis and renting bikes to ride all over the island. We recommend riding to the Kiawah River mouth on Beachwalker Beach. During low tide you will see dolphins strand feeding-amazing! We had great meals while we were there. One of our favorite spots was the Cherrywood BBQ at Osprey Point. It is a casual restaurant, but delicious and friendly. We loved watching the alligators at the pond on the 18th hole. Another great place is Tomasso-Itallian restaurant that is fabulous. Only disappointment was The Ocean Room. This restaurant is their premier restaurant, but we were extremely disappointed. The service was very poor. We felt like we were ignored and the food was just mediocre. It is an expensive restaurant, which is fine if you get what you pay for, but we really didn't feel like we did. Don't waste your money there, there are plenty of other great places to eat on the island.
We couldn't be happier with our stay. We only wish we could have stayed longer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near Charleston, SC, The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort is an oceanfront Five Star/ Five Diamond hotel and spa offering casual Southern grace, comfort and charm on one of the top eco-friendly island in the U.S. It features five golf courses including The Ocean Course, site of the 2012 PGA Championship. Tennis magazine ranks it as America's No. 3 tennis resorts and it has one of the top-ranked beaches in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your The Sanctuary Hotel at Kiawah Island Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sanctuary At Kiawah Island Golf Hotel Kiawah Island
- Sanctuary Hotel Kiawah Island
- The Sanctuary Kiawah Island