Loved the grounds and beach. The ocean view room was OK (although not up to expectations based on the cost). We had to wait 2 1/2 hours to get in once we arrived, despite front desk assurances they would expedite our room preparation. The Sunday Brunch had limited selection for the price and a number of the hot items were poor quality or preparation. Since you are a captive audience on the island the food is generally overpriced everywhere (e.g. a muffin for $6). Kudos to the staff for friendly and very good service. We were celebrating an anniversary and appreciated to complimentary champagne and sweets provided. We stayed the following couple of nights at the Wentworth Mansion in Charleston and it was much better experience at a lower cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near Charleston, SC, The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort is an oceanfront Five Star/ Five Diamond hotel and spa offering casual Southern grace, comfort and charm on one of the top eco-friendly island in the U.S. It features five golf courses including The Ocean Course, site of the 2012 PGA Championship. Tennis magazine ranks it as America's No. 3 tennis resorts and it has one of the top-ranked beaches in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Preferred Hotels, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Sanctuary Hotel at Kiawah Island Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sanctuary At Kiawah Island Golf Hotel Kiawah Island
- Sanctuary Hotel Kiawah Island
- The Sanctuary Kiawah Island