The hotel is absolutely beautiful (the lobby is incredible). Great views of the ocean from pristine lawns behind the hotel. Beach and pool access are a short walk from your room. There is also a larger pool a short drive away (Night Heron Park) that has everything the kids would want (e.g., water slides, fountains, big water guns, etc). The golf courses have great views and are kept in very good shape. Bring bikes and ride around the whole island. You will see lots of alligators!!
The restaurant in the hotel is very good (The Ocean Club - steakhouse). There are also a few other restaurants near by that are good. But the island definitely shuts down early. If you are looking for a relaxing, family-oriented, high-end resort then Sanctuary certainly fits the bill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near Charleston, SC, The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort is an oceanfront Five Star/ Five Diamond hotel and spa offering casual Southern grace, comfort and charm on one of the top eco-friendly island in the U.S. It features five golf courses including The Ocean Course, site of the 2012 PGA Championship. Tennis magazine ranks it as America's No. 3 tennis resorts and it has one of the top-ranked beaches in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelQuickly and Jetsetter so you can book your The Sanctuary Hotel at Kiawah Island Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sanctuary At Kiawah Island Golf Hotel Kiawah Island
- Sanctuary Hotel Kiawah Island
- The Sanctuary Kiawah Island