Its a hotel: very nice entry and atrium areas. Above average to excellent service. Rooms well appointed though nothing that special.
It has a decent pool: nice, albeit not very large. Not exceptional.
It's on a nice beach: big plus, South Carolina beaches are great. But, it ain't Hawaii
It has restaurants: good food at high prices
Bottom line: if money is no object, its THE place to stay on the Island (unless you rent a property there which is a much better option or large families). Other great options are available if you're more price conscious, have larger group, want more room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near Charleston, SC, The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort is an oceanfront Five Star/ Five Diamond hotel and spa offering casual Southern grace, comfort and charm on one of the top eco-friendly island in the U.S. It features five golf courses including The Ocean Course, site of the 2012 PGA Championship. Tennis magazine ranks it as America's No. 3 tennis resorts and it has one of the top-ranked beaches in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your The Sanctuary Hotel at Kiawah Island Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sanctuary At Kiawah Island Golf Hotel Kiawah Island
- Sanctuary Hotel Kiawah Island
- The Sanctuary Kiawah Island