We had our wedding here in April 2012. Although the venue was supposed to be 5 star with all of the bells and whistles, it fell short of expectations. The banquet manager was extremely unhelpful during our entire planning process. The front desk staff were rude upon checking into the hotel. After marrying on Saturday(we had been at the hotel for the week), we had planned on spending our first night in the honeymoon suite as was stated on the website. Our wedding planner spent about an hour after the wedding trying to tell them that a regular room was not was advertised. I believe that most of the fault lies with the banquet manager as she was in charge of catering the event and all of the wedding details at the hotel.
The regular rooms are average. The suite was slightly better. Location is great, though!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near Charleston, SC, The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort is an oceanfront Five Star/ Five Diamond hotel and spa offering casual Southern grace, comfort and charm on one of the top eco-friendly island in the U.S. It features five golf courses including The Ocean Course, site of the 2012 PGA Championship. Tennis magazine ranks it as America's No. 3 tennis resorts and it has one of the top-ranked beaches in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Preferred Hotels, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Sanctuary Hotel at Kiawah Island Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sanctuary At Kiawah Island Golf Hotel Kiawah Island
- Sanctuary Hotel Kiawah Island
- The Sanctuary Kiawah Island