“American food in a place like home.”
Review of Kathy's Garden of Eat'n - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kathy's Garden of Eat'n
Cuisines: American
Kershaw, South Carolina
“American food in a place like home.”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Kathy's Garden of Eat'n isn't meant to be a fancy upscale restaurant, but everything it has just fits the town. The atmosphere is very homey, and it is never too loud or cramped. You can always find a seat. The wait staff is very friendly, and if you strike up a conversation, they will engage in the conversation with you. Beyond that, the wait staff goes over the basics which is all a good restaurant ever really needs.

Their burgers are excellent. I would definitely recommend ordering any burger you'd like because they are the best in town. The wait staff always asks if you would like your hamburger a certain way, so you don't accidentally forget to tell them to "hold the pickles; hold the lettuce". You could also substitute french fries for their crispy, delicious onion rings if you'd like. I love their french fries too, but I'm more of an onion ring guy myself.

The food is always served in a reasonable amount of time! Many times I have eaten at this restaurant, it has been with a group of four or more people. We never had to wait too long, and the food was always well prepared. Speaking of waiting, there has always been a table open, from my experience, and the tables have always been clean before sitting down.

If you're looking for a fancy dining experience, this isn't the place, but if you would like delicious food with a real down home atmosphere, I would absolutely recommend Kathy's Garden of Eat'n.

• Visited June 2011