“Super Super Sandwiches !!”

The Southern General
Ranked #9 of 64 Restaurants in Johns Island
Cuisines: Bar
Lake City, Florida
“Super Super Sandwiches !!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We were looking for somewhere different to have a casual dinner while visiting my daughter in Charleston. They suggested the Southern general and we were all happy with the selection. I had the pot roast sandwich my wife had the shrimp, daughter had the bahn mi and they were all super. The service was also very good. They had lots of selections and I can't wait to go back.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank travelerkent

Charleston, South Carolina
“Great to enjoy their food at Seanachai!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Whenever we go to our favorite Iris pub, Seanachai, we order food from the Southern General. They deliver the food right to the bar for you. The food is innovative and tasty. You get to enjoy the food while listening to the great bands in the pub! Win-win!

Visited October 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Found it by accident”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I went out looking for a quick meal. What if found had to be one of the best sandwich shops I have ever found. The menu starts on the left side with the staple sandwich menu, then look right and you will find their version. I had the remake of the Philly cheese. It was moist, tender and full of flavor.
I will return next time I'm there.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Petercrooks
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great sandwiches”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Great sandwiches at very attractive prices. If you are going to the Irish Pub right down from them, they will deliver the food to you there. Works great!

Visited September 2013
Riverside, California
“GREAT FIND”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We were looking for Mama Q's (now closed) and found the Southern General. Very polite and efficient wait staff. Nice menu with lots of choices. The Cubano sandwich and pulled pork sandwich are excellent. We also ordered fresh cut french fries and beer battered cheese curds, also excellent. A fresh homemade cucumber salad is served as a side with sandwiches. The salad has a uniquely southern flavor and is a refreshing addition.

All in all this is a great little restaurant.

• Visited September 2013