“You Won't Believe The Great Food”
Review of Sweetwater Cafe

Sweetwater Cafe
Ranked #14 of 64 Restaurants in Johns Island
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were driving towards Folly Beach yesterday when we saw a large amount of cars at a nearby local restaurant. We made a U-turn to check it out and was glad that we did. A bit crowded (ony a 15 minute wait) but were rewarded for our wait with some of the best food in Charleston. I ordered the eggs benedict which included a crab patty on each of the english muffins and of course covered with the eggs and hollandaise sauce...YUM. My wife ordered the pecan crusted french toast which was sweet enough that she didn't require any maple syrup at all. For desert she wanted a brownie (to go) which turned out to be a beautirul looking pastry that was all of 4 inches square. For the first time in 37 years of being married to this woman, she told me that this brownie was actually better than she could make...WOW. YOU GOTTA TRY THIS PLACE!!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We went there two days while we visited our daughter and were very impressed! The first day I had the Mediterranean omelet and it was delicious. My husband ended up having the fried chicken and waffles and he said they were out of this world. Great service and very friendly wait staff made it a very nice visit.

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I visit Charleston 2 or 3 time a year and Sweetwater is the first place I think about. There shrimt and grits are the best in the area and trust me I have tried many places. Service is great. They are often very busy during breakfast.