“A charming Sandwhich/Coffee spot not far from the Angel Oak Tree”
Review of Sunrise Bistro

Sunrise Bistro
Ranked #5 of 64 Restaurants in Johns Island
Cuisines: Contemporary, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Since opening in 2009, Sunrise has been satisfying hungry passers-by with simple, comforting food made with care and without pretension - like mom might make. There are favorites for breakfast (until 11:30 a.M.) Like french toast, enchiladas rancheros, homemade bagels, open-faced omelets, and breakfast pizzas. If you find yourself near this corner of Johns Island, stop in - you'll leave well-fed.
Reviewed November 8, 2013

As the reviews read it is not inviting on the outside,however, once you step in side you will experience a warm welcome and southern hospitality. The Lunch Club and Rueben with Pasta Salad's were very good. The only complaint is that they give the kids spicy cajun fries with their cheese sandwich and for a two year old it was a little too spicy!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Don't let the understated exterior of this wonderful restaurant confuse you... Come inside... i was on vacation in Folly Beach and this was recommended by a local. So I stopped in for dinner. The food was amazing... you have to try the bacon wrapped corn puppies...and the presentation was fine dining quality.. Friendly, very attentive staff made for an amazing dinner.. I carried 1/2 my dinner home to Ilinois on ice... The red snapper and jasmine rice was generous in portion and superior in taste... A good wine selection and made from scratch desserts... because no meal is complete without dessert...
fig scones with warm figs over vanila ice cream... enough for two.. or breakfast the next day..
A truly amazing experience that I would recommend to anyone traveling through the area..or make a special trip.. definitely worth it!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We visited on a Friday afternoon shortly before closing. My wife ordered the special of the day, which was a bacon, apple, cream cheese sandwich with a side salad. I has the chicken salad plate. We split an order of hummus. We loved that everything was homemade, even the tasty herb bread. We had lots of pine nuts on our hummus and on the chicken salad, which isn't my fav, but I should've read the menu more carefully. The chicken salad itself was very nice, light and well seasoned. We saw other tables ordering breakfast inspired sandwiches that looked great, too. This restaurant serves dinner on one or so nights and I'd love to come back and try that.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I've eaten here a number of times- breakfast and lunch. I think I like breakfast there a bit better- but I haven't had a bad lunch either. Grits are great, bagels are fresh-made and really good. Lunch sandwiches are all tasty.

Tables are a bit small, and seating is tight- but hey, it's a bistro, right?

Reviewed July 7, 2013

unassuming small bistro with extremely friendly waiters and staff. food has always ben good and have enjoyed two of their specials. we have tried lunch and supper and have enjoyed both. dress is casual and many have recommended it for breakfast also. will try that soon.