“THE ONLY WAY TO SEE DOLPHINS!!”

Captain Jack's Kiawah Sailing and Dolphin Watching
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Visiting friends wanted to dolphin watch, and Captain Jack had been highly recommended. We know why!! He is friendly, knowledgeable, and fun to spend three hours with. We were surrounded by dolphins within a 1/2 hour of the sail. The Palmetto Tide is a beautiful sailboat, and it's easy to get a great view no matter where you sit. The time flew by, and we weren't ready to head back. This is a MUST SEE, MUST DO if you are in the Charleston area or vacationing on Kiawah or Seabrook Islands!

2  Thank cdfs
There are newer reviews for Captain Jack's Kiawah Sailing and Dolphin Watching

Reviewed November 11, 2012

My wife and our 3 children had the pleasure of going on Captain Jack McConnell´s Dolphin Watching Nature Tour off Seabrook Island, SC, last summer. Captain Jack was extremely knowledgeable and knows the waterways so well that he was able to take us to all the spots where the dolphins would gather. We got very close to the dolphins and had the added bonus of seeing them strand feeding - very interesting for both adults and children. Captain Jack could not have been a better guide and I would highly recommend his tour. Suitable for adults and children (ours were ages 4, 7, 9).

1  Thank Knut260
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My boyfriend and his old college buddy and I just did a day trip to see dolphins with Jack and had a super awesome time! The weather was hot but we were told that's Charleston, even in Sept!! No hurricanes, so we were happy. There was def lots of wind (he said was like 7 knots??) and was a little scary at times. Normally I get a little seasick but being surrounded by 3 handsome fun guys no time :))

Highly recommended. Saw reviews about sunset trips as well but we picked this one for the dolphin.

Thanx!!

1  Thank love2travel1964
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My twin sister and I recently went to Charleston, SC. While we were there, we chartered a private sailing trip with Captain Jack on his beautiful cruising sailboat, the Palmetto Tide. We were celebrating our birthday, and this was definitely one of the major highlights of our trip to Charleston. Captain Jack met us at the Bohicket Marina & Market, which is located at 1880 Andell Bluff Boulevard, John's Island, SC 29455 (http://bohicket.com/charters/). I could tell right away that he was going to be loads of fun - he was entertaining and based the entire day's trip on specifically what we wanted to do. Captain Jack let us steer the sailboat quite a bit and told us many interesting sailing facts and stories. We anchored near Shell Island, and Jack took my sister and I (along with our cooler, chairs, etc,) in a dingy to the island. We were the only people there, and I've never seen so many seashells in my life. We relaxed, had lunch and some drinks, and found some pretty neat shells. Captain Jack then picked us back up, and we spent a few hours watching dolphins - which was one of the coolest things I have ever seen. We saw dolphins swim so fast and with so much power that they created a wave that swept them and a fish right out of the water and up onto a mud bank. As the water drained away, the dolphins would roll over on their flanks and snap up the fish with the sides of their mouths. Then the dolphins wriggled back into the water - this was amazing and something I will never forget. We then spent a while just sailing around, having drinks, watching dolphins and beautiful birds. Captain Jack is an incredible sailor who takes great pride in his sailboat. He goes out of his way to make sure his patrons have an awesome time, and I would highly recommend booking a private charter with him! Contact the captain's private yacht at (843) 343-1772 or book directly through the Bohicket Marina at (843) 768-1280. Captain Jack's website is: http://www.charleston-sightseeing-tours.com/.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

I had the pleasure of taking a charter trip with Jack McConnell and my dear friend Joyce. He and his boat, the Palmetto Tide, were phenomenal guides. It was so relaxing and beautiful.

Dolphins coasted through the waters, the sun dropped in the sky, Springsteen played on the stereo and all was right with the world.

I would highly recommend a charter trip on the Palmetto Tide with Jack McConnell.