“Nice beach”

Isle of Palms County Park
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The beach was clean and nice. A little crowded for my liking but we would go back again. It was about 25 min from out hotel but w

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Great beaches, clean restrooms. The parking was a bit pricey, but when you can find a spot, it's worth it.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We were looking for a beach during our visit to Charleston. We chose Isle of palms because it looked like Folly Beach, which was closest to our hotel, was doing some sand moving and we weren't sure how it would impact the beach. We got to the park right at 9am and were directed to the parking. We were able to rent chairs and an umbrella so we were ready to go. They had restroom facilities and lifegaurds. We had a wonderful time and will go there again if we are choosing a beach near Charleston.

2  Thank 619jeant
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Tried going their several times in the summer and the crowds were overwhelming. The parking lot was full and there were about 4 or 5 busses packed full of people and thugs. There was no room on the beach and the water was so full of people that it looked like a bowl of cereal. It used to be a good place to spend the day but now it is not worth the effort. I am a Charleston resident and it is fine in the winter and early spring but in the summer I go somewhere else. I will definitely not go back until Isle of Palms does some crowd control.

1  Thank Rusty S
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I've been here twice now while visiting family in the area and am always impressed. I am not a beach lover but my family is. It is a very clean beach and never feels crowded. Love that there are showers and changing area you can use. This may be normal in the area but not up north (MA/RI). My kids always have a blast!