“Great view & great food!”

Coconut Joe's Beach Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Description: Coconut Joe's is a family-friendly restaurant right on the beach. We have a wide range of entrees on our menu: burgers, seafood, Caribbean specialties, entree salads, wraps, and plenty of choices for the children. During the season, we have live music at our rooftop bar every night, and this is a fun place to be if there is a wait for your table. We offer call-ahead seating up to 45 minutes ahead of your anticipated arrival. During the cooler months, we offer a spectacular view, and a quieter environment to enjoy your meal.
Reviewed August 16, 2014

We ended up here when another restaurant couldn't accomodate our large party. We were very pleasantly surprised! Our food was great and the view was awesome. We had a combination of dinner, apps and kids meals and everything was good. Would definitely go back!

Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

This is a nice place to go for rooftop views,tropical drinks,& a close place to grab a hearty lunch after playing at the beach all morning. The staff was incredibly friendly,as well are the prices. Lots of good food to choose from,& there's indoor & outdoor dining,w/ perfect beachfront views. One of the best places I ate during my stay.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

This was my favorite place to go and I went there every single time I went to IOP. I loved the Fish Tacos but the live music on the deck, the drinks and being right next to the ocean are the reasons I truly love this place.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Stopped here for lunch, and the food was very average. The atmosphere is fantastic, and the views are great for hanging out and people watching. There are definitely places to get a better lunch at Isle of Palms, but if you're there for a week, it's worth stopping here for a sandwich and a beer...

Marti M, Executive Director of Happiness at Coconut Joe's Beach Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Well, gee. I'm so sorry you thought your lunch was average. We really do strive to use the freshest ingredients and be creative with our recipes. I honestly can't say that I have had a better lunch anywhere else on Isle of Palms. We hope you will try us again, and please see a manager if your lunch isn't delicious.

Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Sent our kids out parasailing for a couple of hours and wound up here.

Great views of the ocean and a great breeze.

Totally typically beach bar / fish tacos - coconut shrimp - 14oz overpriced drinks.

Worth the views and the breeze but not a drive out here just for this!

Management response:Responded August 10, 2014

Hmmm…..First, we are not a beach bar, we are a family restaurant. Second, we do extensive research before pricing menu items, and I think our prices are competitive with other locations in the area. Sure, you could probably get a cheaper drink five miles inland, because those folks do not have to pay the exorbitant insurance premiums that beachfront properties do. But you'd miss our lovely view. :)