“Just for fun”

Coconut Joe's Beach Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Coconut Joe's is a family-friendly restaurant right on the beach. We have a wide range of entrees on our menu: burgers, seafood, Caribbean specialties, entree salads, wraps, and plenty of choices for the children. During the season, we have live music at our rooftop bar every night, and this is a fun place to be if there is a wait for your table. We offer call-ahead seating up to 45 minutes ahead of your anticipated arrival. During the cooler months, we offer a spectacular view, and a quieter environment to enjoy your meal.
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Live music and super engaged staff made it fun. Colorful and uniquely decorated. We were a bit puzzled why, when we decided to ask for a table, there was such a long wait. By that time the upstairs was half empty. The food was good but not a great culinary experience because it's more of a beach bar to me. Set your expectations to that and you will be satisfied. Night life ended early. We were told that is typical because people are out on the beach all day, which looked to be the case at all the spots close by. For major nightlife you are better off going to downtown Chaleston.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We had a late night dinner at this restaurant in the enclosed area. Upstairs outside the reggae band was playing. The volume was good being downstairs and they were a good band. I had the Grilled combo with shrimp, sausage, artichoke , etc. and it was very good. My wife had a chicken dish and it was OK. It is in a great location on the beach and when the band is good the place is very busy. Our server was very good and the prices were fair.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

My new husband and I ate at Coconut Joe's three times on our honeymoon. It was right next door to our hotel. The people were nice, prices were good and the band was always good. If your at the Isle of Palms, go and check it out!

Marti M, Executive Director of Happiness at Coconut Joe's Beach Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Thank you for your nice comments! We're glad you had fun.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We went to Coconut Joe's one night since we could not get into Acme. Big mistake. The food sucked, the service sucked, in total the whole experience sucked. We won't be back....ever.

Marti M, executive Director of Happiness at Coconut Joe's Beach Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

I'm sorry you did not enjoy yourself. I would like to respond to your review, but unfortunately, It was not specific enough for me to do so.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

This was my first time here, and while the wait was quite long (it was a Saturday night), it was well worth it. I debated on what I wanted because it all looked so good, but decided on the crab cakes, coleslaw and fries, with a wonderful crab dip for an appetizer provided by management because of the length of wait. My server was so pleasant and took good care of me.

1  Thank Sue O