“Saturday evening at Coconut Joe's”

Coconut Joe's Beach Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Coconut Joe's is a family-friendly restaurant right on the beach. We have a wide range of entrees on our menu: burgers, seafood, Caribbean specialties, entree salads, wraps, and plenty of choices for the children. During the season, we have live music at our rooftop bar every night, and this is a fun place to be if there is a wait for your table. We offer call-ahead seating up to 45 minutes ahead of your anticipated arrival. During the cooler months, we offer a spectacular view, and a quieter environment to enjoy your meal.
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Saturday evening at Coconut Joe's”
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

The food was ok. I had the Galapagos salad, my fiancée had the mystic Caribbean wrap and we shared the crab dip appetizer. The salad was big and the flavors were good. My crab dip had a shell in it, yuck! My fiancée's wrap was decent, just messy. We like it for the location. The rooftop bar was closed. We sat on the patio and hearing the water was relaxing. It got dark very quickly. The bugs were to be expected as we were outside. I think this would be a great bar to drink, listen to music and appreciate the ocean. The service was slow despite not having many patrons. Nice chicks, just slow to do most everything and no drink refills.

Aiken
“Save your money. ”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

This was our second time there and we will not be going back. The service was poor, we were left waiting for our check for 15 minutes, and there was hardly anyone there. We also never got drink refills. The food was....average. I had red rice as a side, and it was literally rice that was mixed with some spiced up version of tomato sauce, and you could tell it had been sitting for lord knows how long, and there were bits that were undercooked and crunchy. My fiancé got the fish tacos and there was hardly no fish in them. There are many other better places to go, the only good thing about this place is the view. Don't waste your money.

Mars Hill, North Carolina
“One of my IOP favorites!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Great place! Service was great and food was excellent. Very fun, laid back atmosphere. At our table, we had the chips and salsa appetizer------awesome, homemade salsa. Would have loved to had some to take home with me! For main dishes, our table had the jerk chicken wrap, chicken tenders, and jerk chicken quesadilla. All three entrees were served quickly and were exceptional. Speaking of the wrap....it was nice to be able to taste all the flavors of the different ingredients in the wrap. Nothing was overpowering, but rather, each ingredient complimented the other making for one great dish! Coconut Joe's will definitely be a place we return to during our trips to IOP. Recommended highly!

• Visited October 2013
Marti M, at Coconut Joe's Beach Grill, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Next time you visit, ask your server about salsa to go. We will happily sell you some. Thanks for your nice review.
Louisville
“NOW MY FAVORITE BEACH BAR!!!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

While walking down the street looking at restaurant and bars, there was a sign here for a reggae band, Mystic Vibrations, playing at the rooftop bar. I absolutely love reggae so we went back that night for the oceanfront rooftop bar and the music. They were fabulous on Friday night! Saturday night we went back to Coconut Joes for dinner with some local friends. Sunday night, we were back on the rooftop to hear Mystic Vibrations again!! They do a wonderful job and play all the favorites. It was a hopping bar with dancing on the roof and was full both nights! A nice breeze and great drinks!!! I can't wait to go back!!!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank jamie50
Why thank you! It's our favorite, too!
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Picnic on the Beach”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Although the city ordinance would not allow our little dog in the establishment, my wife and I got our food to go and walked down to the beach for a little picnic. The Coconut Shrimp was probably the best I have ever had, and my wife raved about her grilled chicken sandwich. Our little picnic was the perfect end to a perfect week.

• Visited October 2013
Marti M, Executive Director of Happiness at Coconut Joe's Beach Grill, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Glad you enjoyed your picnic! In the future, you might be interested to try Island Joe's/Joe's to Go. It is the little blue and melon building right in front of Coconut Joe's. Due to licensing differences, your dog can join you there. The food is fresh and delicious. I think we make the best burgers and corn dogs anywhere, and our coffee drinks are great. Thank you for you kind review.