“Avoid the seafood dishes for lunch.”

Coconut Joe's Beach Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Coconut Joe's is a family-friendly restaurant right on the beach. We have a wide range of entrees on our menu: burgers, seafood, Caribbean specialties, entree salads, wraps, and plenty of choices for the children. During the season, we have live music at our rooftop bar every night, and this is a fun place to be if there is a wait for your table. We offer call-ahead seating up to 45 minutes ahead of your anticipated arrival. During the cooler months, we offer a spectacular view, and a quieter environment to enjoy your meal.
Reviewed March 14, 2011

The Seafood Trio was lousy, all I could taste was salt and paprika.

Reviewed January 31, 2011

This place sux. Hands Down. Worst food,worst staff, hands down worst restaurant in the Chucktown area. The place looks like a clown puked on it. It makes the I.O.P look bad.

Reviewed October 13, 2010

My wife and i dined at CJ's even after we read the reviews. We did not see alot of good reviews about many of the restaurant in IOP. Not sure where to start. Service slow but the waitress was very friendly. My wire ordered a side salad and Coconut shrimp. The salad was fine, The shrimp were over done and a bit gressy My appatizer Gumbolyia came out with my meal it was supposed to be a Zapatizer. My Blacked Grouper Sandwich was small, and I am not sure it was grouper. It tasted a bit fishy never had that before. The place smelled like the kitchen. The price was what you would expect but for good food.

Not sure where to tell you to eat. I would try something other then here though.

Reviewed October 11, 2010

Service was so terrible that I had to hop online and make my first review ever! The waitress was unfriendly and short with us, she made us feel completely unwelcomed. I noticed that kids were not getting the "lucky sand dollars" so durin our meal I asked another server if they still do them and he said he would make sure we got one. Well we paid the bill and still nothing, so I asked the hostess if we could have one for our daughter (13 mos old) and I overheard her asking our waitress to get it and our waitress actually said "What? She doesn't need it!" HOW RUDE!? I plan on making a nice collage of our first trip to Charleston for my daughter and thought that would be a nice addition. I just really can't believe ppl could be so unfriendly especially to customers who came in with a smile and looking for a good time. Also, the place is "family friendly" but we had to carry our stroller up 2 flights of stairs... ? We'll never go back. View was great, but who cares after all of that, another place next time.

Reviewed October 1, 2010

Great location with great views; friendly and welcoming staff. Good food...many menu options. Much better than the Banana Cabana.