“One of my favorite meals!”
Review of Long Island Cafe

Long Island Cafe
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We serve the freshest seafood 7 days a week. Opened in 1986, locally owned and operated. lunch and dinner, Sunday brunch
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This restaurant was highly recommended to us and it did not disappoint. I had the parmesan salmon and it was one of the best meals I ever had! Everyone I was with raved about their meals. Will definitely be back.

2  Thank rm0463

Reviewed September 6, 2018

Always fresh and tasty, locally owned restaurant, good menu (crab cakes, pan seared flounder), excellent she crab soup, good, crusty bread, daily specials are always stand out. Make reservations in advance, as the place is not very big and the locals all go here. Located by the Harris Teeter at the base of the connecor (703 and Palm Blvd.), the restaurant has no "views" but is very nice on the interior and serves fresh, excellent quality food. Th list, also. ey have a good wine list and specialty drinks, also.

2  Thank KNC01
Reviewed September 5, 2018

I have several food allergies. I am very careful when I go out to eat. My husband and I went to Long Island Cafe this past weekend. We've been there before without issue. This time however, was a different story. I told the waitress several times about my allergy (I find repeating myself helps them understand how important it is). When the appetizer came out I asked the food delivery person if it was dairy free and he said yes. I waited until the waitress came out and asked her, just to confirm. She said yes. So, I took 1 bite. Guess what! There was butter (dairy) in the food. What bothered me the most was the attitude they took. The waitress apologized and sent the manager over. She apologized and checked in with me twice to see how I was doing. They gave me a new appetizer without butter and that was it! They did not check back again! They did not ask me for contact information to check in on me the next day! They did not comp the meal or give any other type of compensation other than not charging me for the appetizer! FYI - given my reactions to dairy products, I had to stay within a quick sprint to my home bathroom all day and couldn't go into work (a typical diary reaction for me). Accidents in kitchens happen which is why I'm cautious. But I'm bothered by their lack of caring. I will never go back to Long Island Cafe as a result of this incident. Food allergy folks, beware of Long Island Cafe!

Reviewed September 3, 2018

The Long Island Cafe is a hidden gem. Nestled among the Harris Teeter grocery store and a few strip mall type shops, the cafe hardly noticeable. Inside you will not find a ton of room, as it is not very large, but if you arrive after about 6 pm you'll wait for a seat.
Yes, it's that good. Al seafood fare is well prepared and very tasty. You'll pay a little bit more over here, but it is worth it. I highly recommend the Long Island Cafe after a hard, difficult day at the beach.

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

Don’t be fooled by the strip mall location !! This local restaurant has great seafood !!
We ordered the calamari and Brussels sprouts for appetizers and both were excellent!! We ordered three different entrees, he fried shrimp, pan fried scallops and blackened grouper!! All were delicious !! The sides we had were the grits , slaw , zucchini , and sweet potato fries!! Delicious !! The she crab soup was a little thick for my taste but good