“Best food in Isle of Palms. Period.”

Acme Lowcountry Kitchen
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: Acme Lowcountry Kitchen specializes in local seafood, if we cannot source it locally it is sourced off the East Coast of the USA! We do not serve seafood from any other area. We of course never serve any imported seafood. We truly believe in supporting American Fishermen and Shrimpers!
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Acme is the real deal. Succotash, fresh fish, shrimp dishes, sandwiches/burgers, fried green tomatoes -- keep it coming! The succotash is out of this world. The place is not fancy -- but has a lot of low country style and warmth. The executive chef is a guy that loves to cook and make people happy -- and his food speaks volumes. We return to Acme every year -- for dinner and at least once for breakfast (solid creative breakfasts of various omelets, egg dishes, biscuits,etc) -- and really enjoy the food and low country experience. Service is very good -- and kitchen moves it out. We went this year with a party of 8 --- 4 teenagers in tow. Something for everyone -- Hard not to enjoy Acme!

Reviewed August 13, 2014

I was staying at IOP for a reunion with some wonderful girlfriends and we decided to stay close to home and dine at Acme Lowcountry Kitchen.
It was super busy and they don't take reservations the day of service so...we showed up and took our chances. By chance, the executive chef Frank was delivering food to the bar and he was kind enough to direct me to a back service bar where we could wait in comfort for our table.
We enjoyed a glass of wine near the kitchen and were soon at our corner booth.
My friend has special dietary needs and once again Chef Frank was kind enough to come by our table and review the gluten/ dairy free options.
I ordered seared scallops on pimento cheese grits with collard greens.
Oh, my heavens, it was perfect. Perfectly plated, perfectly prepared and perfectly portioned.
Our waitress was friendly and efficient and overall it was a divine dining experience.
Much success to Chef Frank and the staff, they deserve to ton it.

1  Thank Roxanne C
Reviewed August 12, 2014

This is a VERY casual, unimpressive-looking dive-like place with VERY tasty, non-elegant food in large portions. "Big eaters" will not be disappointed! It is within walking distance of the Isle of Palms pier (but, we drive...plenty of parking behind it).

Reviewed August 11, 2014

My small party of three went for dinner one night last week based on a recommendation of a friend and it was delicious! 2 of my group had shrimp and grits and I had the seafood pasta. It was the best!. We were so full that we got dessert to go and ate it later back at the hotel. Best peanut butter pie ever! Do go if you get the chance. Would recommend that you call ahead for reservations!

1  Thank SCGal1
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

I had the egg roll and shrimp po boy (Togo order). I'll begin with the good; the flavor of the shrimp was great! I could tell they were fresh local shrimp. The rest of the food was not hot, I'm fact it seemed like it had been sitting around for a while. I'll probably go back since my expectations for a casual beach cafe aren't very high but they should up their game to justify their prices.

1  Thank Dtacrna