“Shrimp and grits”

Acme Lowcountry Kitchen
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Description: Acme Lowcountry Kitchen specializes in local seafood, if we cannot source it locally it is sourced off the East Coast of the USA! We do not serve seafood from any other area. We of course never serve any imported seafood. We truly believe in supporting American Fishermen and Shrimpers!
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Shrimp and grits”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I was out on the IOP for business and decided to stop in for lunch.Great shrimp and grits. Thanks for the great service Nick.

• Visited March 2014
Bobby S, Owner at Acme Lowcountry Kitchen, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a pleasant review! Glad to hear you enjoyed the Shrimp and Grits!

Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Awesome!!!”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The wife and I dropped in on recommendation of the folks at the Palms Hotel.
We stayed in the area prior to a cruise. I'd been told by a friend here in Virginia about a different place in historic Charleston; the local lady said that place was good but "tourist food"- which is what I wanted to avoid.
Thank God we listened.
Acme might not look like anything special, but the service was awesome and then there's the FOOD! The wife needs a fried oyster fix every now and then, and was in heaven...I've heard of Low Country cuisine and had to find some.
I NOW LOVE LOW COUNTRY SHRIMP AND GRITS AND AM TELLING THE WORLD. . . . . .
Even the coleslaw was spot-on; not too creamy, sweet, or vinegary.
Just a great experience and a good time. We met a neat lady who dropped in for a lunch bite and came out having had great company to dine with....

I hope you get the impression we liked this place!!!!!!

• Visited February 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave such a pleasant review! Glad to hear the hotel steered you to us. Great to hear you enjoyed the food and service. Glad your wife enjoyed the oysters!
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Awesome Food From a Great Staff!”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I met some peers here for a business/friend dinner. They were locals and wanted to eat here, which says a lot to begin with. Travel Rule #7: If you want good food, find out where the locals like to eat.

Anyway, the restaurant decor and ambiance is nice. Nothing outlandish, but nothing bland. The waitstaff is very nice, and the owner likes to come out and see how things are going.

You'll have a nice selection of fresh foods in gourmet and not-so-gourmet options, meaning that you can enjoy dining here no matter if you're a picky eater or just desire standar fare. I ate the "Knot Fried Chicken and Shrimp" which was...not fried. It was excellent, but I thought some fo the menu titles were a bit confusing. I know that Gordon Ramsey always begs restaurants to keep menus simple and easy to understand. It's not written in code or anything ... I just thought some of the titles were a bit of a stretch.

Anyway, the food was amazing. I had the vegetable of the day (Creamed Spinach, I think) and the mashed potatoes (Klondike Gold something or other). Everything tasted amazing.

It's so hard to pick places to eat in the Charleston/Isle of Palms/Sullivan's Island areas, as there are a ton of good eats out here; however, I can say without a doubt that you will do well to eat at least one of your meals out at Acme. If you are staying on the IOP, I'm sure you'll end up here a few times as your first time will probably keep you from straying to far on subsequent visits.

• Visited February 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave such a pleasant review! Happy to hear you enjoyed the food and the service. I will try to keep the names simple :) THANKS!
Charleston, South Carolina
“Don't miss this place”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Wife and I have been to many times. Food very fresh and an expansive menu. Covered outdoor seating too. Place is always busy no matter time of year/day. Great place for breakfast. Service is awesome...price $$-$$$. Nice bar also.

Visited June 2013
Bobby S, Owner at Acme Lowcountry Kitchen, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. Thanks so much. Glad to hear y'all enjoy the covered patio and we hope to one day soon have some outdoor seating. Thanks!
Hanahan, South Carolina
“Our go to breakfast/brunch joint”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

You would never expect such great food from what appears to be a run down beach shack! This is our go to breakfast joint (this and Early Bird) and the food is always consistently great. We are huge fans of the benedict choices and our kids devour the pancakes. This last time we went our server was Petra and we could not have asked for better service. She timed everything perfectly and was extremely polite and happy! They can get very busy during weekend breakfast hours and dinner so plan to wait if you show up during the rush. Our one experience during dinner hours was less than pleasant but no complaints for the breakfast/brunch department. We have been visiting this place for years and will continue to do so.

• Visited March 2014
Thanks so much for the nice review. Good to hear you enjoy Breakfast and Lunch at Acme. I will message you to hear about what happened during dinner service. Glad to hear Petra is doing such a good job. Thanks So Much!