“Satisfying lunch on the porch”

Acme Lowcountry Kitchen
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Acme Lowcountry Kitchen specializes in local seafood, if we cannot source it locally it is sourced off the East Coast of the USA! We do not serve seafood from any other area. We of course never serve any imported seafood. We truly believe in supporting American Fishermen and Shrimpers!
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Has a very casual, roadhouse feel. We had a late lunch and ate on the shuttered screened porch shortly before 2 when the menu offerings are reduced. We enjoyed the huge Whistlestop BLT ($9, made with fried green tomatoes and shredded lettuce) and sweet tea chicken ($10) with sides of butter beans and fries. The ample portions were served hot and the waitress was friendly.

Bobby S, Owner at Acme Lowcountry Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Thanks so much! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your lunch with us on the patio. Thanks!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,410)

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Went for a weekend getaway to IOP with family . As we searched for a place for dinner , the marina was packed for some of sort festival plus the crowd looked a little "touristy" , so we went to Acme on the suggestion of a local .
I was confused when I got there , the Acme Cantina is the bar ( screened -in , outdoors , TV , sports, beer , college kids , It looked like fun) the Restaurant is to the left. The Acme Lowcountry Kitchen . All the fare was local ( relatively, it is the off-season on the coast ) and cooked to perfection . The family ordered the entire array , shrimp two ways , a couple mixed platters , oysters two way, one of us had a steak . We all said the taste , seasoning and temperatures were great . So no complaints .

I saw , get this , "Sweet Tea infused fried chicken " on the menu . I was skeptical and curious , "no way the chef could pull that off," I thought . Guess what , the chef came out for a chat and brought a sample . It was obvious that he took pride in his craft which showed in his cooking , and yes......you could taste Sweet Tea in the fried chicken ! Chef said the secret was in the brine .

I would recommend the Acme Lowcountry Kitchen to my friends and I will return the next time I visit IOP .

Bobby S, Owner at Acme Lowcountry Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a nice review. I am glad to hear you and your party enjoyed everything, including the Sweet Tea Chicken. On the confusion, the Acme Cantina has been closed for over 3 years. The entire place including the back dining and the bar area is the Acme Lowcountry Kitchen, there are not two separate businesses.

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

I have been here multiple times and I absolutely love it! We went on a whim the first time and fell in love and now we come back every time we're on IOP. The food is absolutely phenomenal, always perfectly cooked and the flavors are great. But they don't just do seafood, my fiancé had the Cajun chicken Alfredo and it was delicious, and the steak he had on a previous visit was probably the best steam we have ever gotten at any restaurant. I can really appreciate the fact that they do their best to use local ingredients. The staff was very friendly, our server was great. I love the atmosphere as well. And I love the fact that every time we've been, the head chef walks around and checks on the tables. I tell everyone to go here when they go to IOP and I will continue to go every time we come back.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave such kind words. Thank you so much for your continued patronage to the Acme Lowcountry Kitchen! I promise we will do everything we can in the future to keep the food to a very high quality standard. We will continue to try and get as much as we can from local farmers, fisherman, ranchers and growers.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We were looking for a nice fried seafood lunch and this was it. It is convenient to walk to from many condos and the portions and price were a good value. We did a have a short wait.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. I am glad you enjoyed your lunch with us. Hopefully you will have the opportunity to visit Isle of Palms again soon. Travel safe.

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend is a local, emanating from Isle of Palms. He used to frequent Acme when it was Acme Cantina. My first visit at Acme Cantina is one of my fondest memories (a first date), the food was mediocre. The setting is beach-relaxed to say the least. Probably could use a little updating (as long as it doesn't lose it's charm), cleanliness, again, it's that beachy-relaxed. But since the change-over to Acme Lowcountry Kitchen... The food is beyond phenomenal!!! It has been our date-night-go-to for the past few months! Problem? I keep ordering the same dish. I can't order anything else! They have a seafood pasta. One time, we sat at the bar and chatted with the awesome bartender and we were asking her opinions. I told her I was interested in the seafood pasta but wasn't a huge fan of tomatoes. We swapped the sauce for the Tarragon sauce for the lobster pasta and my life was changed. I must say have dreamt of this pasta! They had Isle of Palms' little-neck clams instead of mussels due to the fresh order of little-neck clams; again, life changing. My boyfriend is more adventurous and has had fish tacos and blackened local redfish and other specials with amazing gourmet stone-ground grits. Yum. We have NEVER been disappointed! We only sit in the bar area or the patio. I am not going to change my rating because the food definitely carries this restaurant and the happy hour is pretty good too!! And we have always had great bartenders as servers and there is a nice busser in the bar area, but the servers in the restaurant haven't been the friendliest. And every time we pass the hostess stand, she says without any salutation, "you want to sit inside or outside" followed by an "ok", that's it... The hostesses are always attractive young ladies and I am going to try to resist my rant on the manners of the youth of these days :) we just LOVE Acme!!! Please give me your Tarragon sauce recipe!

Thanks so much for writing such a nice review. I am happy to hear you enjoy our change over from the old restaurant to the new, that was quite an ordeal. I am very happy to hear you like our food and service. Not to pleased about the hostesses and I will speak with them. When you are in next time please ask for Bobby, would like to meet yall.