“Great food”

Acme Lowcountry Kitchen
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Description: Acme Lowcountry Kitchen specializes in local seafood, if we cannot source it locally it is sourced off the East Coast of the USA! We do not serve seafood from any other area. We of course never serve any imported seafood. We truly believe in supporting American Fishermen and Shrimpers!
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Heard so much about Acme and decided to give it a try.WOW! Everyone is very friendly and the service was great. They made me feel like I've been there a hundred times before. The food was excellent. Looking forward to going back and try something else. Loved the fried pickles and jalapeño peppers, and the shrimp and grits where wonderful

1  Thank Carolynn D
Bobby S, Owner at Acme Lowcountry Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Great food is out exact aim. Glad to hear the front of the house staff made you feel like a regular! Hope to see ya again soon!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

We just left from the Cantina. Service was great, very fast and constantly checking on us. I had the Sweet Tea chicken that was quite tasty. Everyone else enjoyed their food with the only mild complaint being the tacos were just a bit too spicy. It was certainly worth the money and I would happily eat there again.

Thanks for the great review! I am very happy to hear you enjoyed everything. Sorry the tacos were too spicy!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

This restaurant was our first introduction to low country cuisine. The thought of combining southern staples, then further enhanced with smoked sausage, fueled the anticipation, and the dish did not disappoint in either quality or quantity. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive, and I get the sense that both tourists and locals frequent the place. Finally, you don't come here for candle-lit ambiance: it's a straight-up, food-centric, sit-down-and-eat establishment that gets you moving along and happy.

1  Thank OneNZero

Thanks for the great review! I am very happy to hear you enjoyed everything. Always makes me happy to hear my waitstaff is doing a good job!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Some people might over look this place because its small and on the island but the food stands up to what you can find in downtown Charleston. We eat here several times each trip to the island. The atmosphere is fun and casual and the staff is great. Menu has a wide variety but the seafood is excellent and best bloody mary around!!

Bobby S, Owner at Acme Lowcountry Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Thanks so much for the great review! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I frequently have the pleasure of dining at Acme Lowcountry Kitchen. It is some of the best food I have had in Charleston and there is a lot of competition. I am craving the smoked gouda and lobster mac and cheese right now. The grits are tasty whether they are plain, pimento or coconut, and you can never go wrong with the shrimp and sausage or the succotash with scallops. Check the special board for fresh fish and don't forget the grilled caesar salad. Is it 5 o'clock yet?

1  Thank Sunny01273
Bobby S, Owner at Acme Lowcountry Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thanks for such a great review. When Executive Chef Frank Kline had me try his smoked gouda and lobster mac and cheese I knew I was going to have another addiction! And the grilled caesar...wow yummy! Now I am hungry.