“Celeb Sightings and great food!”
Review of Sea Biscuit Cafe

Sea Biscuit Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed June 30, 2008

Being from Los Angeles and vacationing in South Carolina you don't expect to run into any celebrities. But that we did at the Sea Biscuit! We went into this unassuming, quaint breakfast nook and to our surprise dined right next to Kevin Costner! We went back a few days later and saw Bill Murray! On top of the fun celeb sightings, the food was terrific! It is our family's favorite type of breakfast place. Lots of variety, down home and has some local flavour. Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 28, 2008

This place has the best breakfast on IOP. Well lets just say it must be, because of all the people who wait on a list to get there.
My favorite things are Crab Cake Benedict, Blueberry Walnut French Toast. They also have great biscuits. I do know that if you want breakfast you need to get there before 11:00 during the week!! It is worth every bit of the wait!!

Reviewed June 17, 2008

We've been there for the past four years on our vacation to IOP. This is the only place we know of that serves breakfast.
The last visit will indeed be the last. The place is cramped. I felt like everyone was invading my personal space and vice versa. I am not obese either, in fact, I am thin.
The food was ok. As soon as we ordered we'd wished we had just left because we'd missed breakfast. It was obvious our service was not going to be very good. We got one glass of tea very early on. It sat empty for the whole meal. At the very end my husband located the waiters station and found the tea pitcher. We asked for condiments when our food was delivered and never received them. Ate a dry burger which was even dryer with no beverage. The place is staffed with teenagers who obviously arent good time managers.

1  Thank CEverett
Reviewed May 13, 2008

While vacationing at Wild Dunes, we dined at the Sea Biscuit Cafe. It's a small and unique cafe that was highly recommended for it's local specialties. The food was certainly above average, but the service was barely adequate. I returned a second time to dine and purchase a glicee they offered. When checking out, the "gentleman" at the register was unbelievably rude. Our waitress had agreed to separate our checks (there were three of us), but had apparently forgot. I tried to explain, but was met with glares and sarcastic remarks. This open rudeness occurred in front of other patrons. I was shocked and embarrassed. The cafe's policy is no separate checks on weekends, but this was a Thursday. Obviously, I will never return. The food was not good enough to make up for the way we were treated.

3  Thank margaret h