“Our favorite spot for breakfast on IOP” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sea Biscuit Cafe

Sea Biscuit Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Isle of Palms, South Carolina
“Our favorite spot for breakfast on IOP”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

So this a small place with personality and very good food. The personality is 'we've been here for a while, we love to serve breakfast to couples and families with kids and to anyone who likes plain and simple'.

Part of the charm and experience is to jockey your way to a position so you can sit on a bench on the front porch so you can read the morning paper or just chat and watch. If you'd rather grab it and go ... McDonalds and Chick Filet will be better matches. However if you're on island time enjoy your bench on the front porch.

Once inside, you will likely find yourself at a table that is small and right in front of a fan that provides welcome air movement on a warm July morning. But you're happy to be inside and are more than ready to order.

We have always enjoyed our breakfasts at Sea Biscuit and the waitresses are terrific personalities of their own. The hostess is efficient, effective, organized and more than friendly ... She makes it all work.

Have fun on Island Time at Sea Biscuit ... A great place to chill.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank five5s

Morganton, NC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great breakfast, walking distance to hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed at the Seaside Inn for a week in November while my husband worked in the area. Even off season they opened at 6:30, so we were able to have breakfast before he left in the mornings. The food was excellent! I especially loved the country ham and sweet potato biscuit. A treat I would not indulge in at home! The service was great with a quaint atmosphere. Be warned...they only take cash.

Visited November 2012
Beaufort, South Carolina
“I'm just not sure”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

so I was looking for a local place that opened before 8am on a Sunday and found the Sea Biscuit Cafe which opened at 7:30. I pulled into the parking lot at 7:25 and there was a already a line so I joined in. The door of this charming beach cottage opened promptly at 7:30 and we streamed in with the hostess letting people seat themselves until they were full. I ate on the screened porch since it was such a gorgeous fall morning. there was a line waiting for a table by 7:45.

I didn't peruse the menu overly long since I wanted to get in and out. I also didn't ask questions and I should have done so. I ordered the corned beef hash breakfast which came with two eggs, potatoes and toast. The orange juice was very small for the price and rather tasteless. I should have asked more questions about the corned beef hash as it consisted of chopped corned beef sauteed with barely cooked onions and green/red peppers. I'm not a raw onion or green pepper person so this $11 dish pretty much went to waste. My mistake in not asking more questions. However, the eggs and toast were fine. and they open a full 30 minutes before any other breakfast place around! It's cash only so they don't have to pay CC fees.

If I give Sea Biscuit another try, I'll pay more attention and ask more questions...

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Glassgal
Houston, Texas
“Yum!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

There's really nothing unique or interesting about this place, it's just plain good. They serve breakfast like my grandma used to serve breakfast. Fatty, salty, plentiful and delicious. The biscuits and gravy were perfect. It is a small restaurant and you will likely have to wait for a table.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank TexasLady7509
“Small, overpriced, average.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Very tight inside. I was seated next to the door and was hit by almost everyone coming in. I expected a great breakfast after all the reviews. It was average, nothing special. Not many breakfast places in that area so way to many people packed in. The prices we ok to overpriced. I had a omelet and my husband did with water to drink for a grand total of 30 dollars. The service was slow and came back to the table 3 times total from start to finish. We waited for a while to pay, they were in no hurry to be paid. To me it is not worth the hype or wait. Trip advisor reviews for the first time let me down. I am not recommending based on my experience.

3 Thank Psteinauer1