“Good food, good service ”
Review of Morgan Creek Grill

Morgan Creek Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Morgan Creek Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Scenic view, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Isle of Palms Marina
Transit: www.lowcountrylooptrolly.com
Description: Morgan Creek Grill, located in the Isle of Palms Marina, offers an unparalleled panoramic view of the Intracoastal Waterway and surrounding Lowcountry marshes from our waterfront dining rooms and the Upperdeck Bar & Grill. Fresh seafood, choice steaks and creative appetizers are offered with southern hospitality in a casual atmosphere. Live music, complimentary boat dockage, children’s menu, Sunday Brunch, lunch and dinner daily.
“Good food, good service ”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Visited Morgan Creek twice. First time was with a group of 15. Server did a super job. Loved the fried oysters, calamari, duck/scallops dish. The she crab soup, tilapia with goat cheese were just ok. Hubby went for lunch on top deck. Loved the burger. Would recommend for atmosphere. Nice view.

1 Thank mrsboyle2002

Rogers, Arkansas
“The Best Oysters and Pecan Pie!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We had a big group of around 25 and wanted to find a place that would allow reservations to help simplify going out to eat our last night on vacation. We were staying at Isle of Palms and discovered this restaurant which did allow reservations. We were seated at 2 long tables so I'll only review our table's experience since the other table had some serving issues. I started out with some Charleston She Crab soup that was delicious! For my entree I had Sunflower Crusted Tilapia and my husband had the Fresh Seafood Platter with fried shrimp and oysters and broiled scallops. We enjoyed both entrees, but the fried oysters were the best that I think that we've ever had. To finish off the night we got the Southern Comfort Pecan Pie which tasted so yummy! The restaurant sits on the inlet so the views out the window was beautiful. I really enjoyed my dinner here. As a side note, there is actually 2 different restaurants here. We ate at the inside section. They have another upstairs and outside which is more casual and the menu items are less expensive.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank weluv2laf
Columbus, Ohio
“Alright Food, Good Location”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Ate here first afternoon we arrived, while waiting for condo to be ready. The food was ok, not a ton of flavor and the fish wasn't all that great. Good location though and nice way to begin the week.

Visited July 2014
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Frequent visitor and a Local, but this place disappoints so frequently ....”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Location, location, location ...............

Almost perfect - it overlooks the Inter-Coastal, Morgan Creek Marina with its assortment of Sailies, Yachts, Swanky Gin-Palaces, Skiffs etc and a fabulous array of expert and Buffoon boaters. This a great people watching spot, as well as observation deck for boating cock-ups. Sunsets down the Inter-Coastal can be superb.

However, .............

Food - very variable and highly Chef dependent (it appears).

Service - also variable.

Availability of cold beer (Draught anyway) - none for months.

Upstairs is good for the View (Sunset), but one has to accept plastic cups and that frying food as the pervasive smell and noise.

Result - we use it occasionally for Sundowners etc, but little more.

CLOSED - Mondays.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Safariholic
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“ PARTY FOUL”
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

So easy to drop in for a drink or meal. The live music each night is always pretty good and we love the view over the water.
Would normally score higher but last night we took our nephews to dinner and for the most part it was good.
Started with some appetizers and a bottle of Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnay. For apps we had scallops, Korean taco, calamari. All were outstanding. Dinner was salmon low-country, shrimp & grits, clam linguini, and the 8oz filet special.
The clam linguini was ok, and the steak was ordered medium and it came out well done. The shrimp and grits and salmon were fantastic.
Only issue I had was the fact that my steak was over cooked and when I told waitress, she took it back but they still charged me 50% of the cost of the steak ... Only thing I can figure was fact that I ate some if the greens that came with it...That was strange. I didn't say anything and maybe that is my fault...however you'd think they would remove cost of it since it was wrong and wasn't eaten. I'll try not to hold this against them but it was a big party foul.

5 Thank spiderelliot