“Visit here often”
Review of Morgan Creek Grill

Morgan Creek Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Morgan Creek Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Isle of Palms Marina
Transit: www.lowcountrylooptrolly.com
Description: Morgan Creek Grill, located in the Isle of Palms Marina, offers an unparalleled panoramic view of the Intracoastal Waterway and surrounding Lowcountry marshes from our waterfront dining rooms and the Upperdeck Bar & Grill. Fresh seafood, choice steaks and creative appetizers are offered with southern hospitality in a casual atmosphere. Live music, complimentary boat dockage, children’s menu, Sunday Brunch, lunch and dinner daily.
Charleston, South Carolina
“Visit here often”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This restaurant is right on the water. Great views.. A little out of the way if you are not on the islands. Good service and good food. Bloody Mary Bar is the best.

Visited June 2013

Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
“Great outdoor area upstairs and more upscale dinner”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We ate here for lunch and dinner during our trip. Lunch was good on the upstairs patio. Shrimp Po Boy was great! However, their dinner selections are FABULOUS. My husband and I both had mahi prepared two different ways and each was great. Lettuce wraps are a nice, light starter. I would highly recommend eating here.

Visited August 2013
Nutley, New Jersey
“Very good”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The food was very good and Art our waiter was lovely. The crab claws were great, the scallops were amazing! Go for happy hour for half priced drinks and appetizers.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Dana D
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great food, service, and family fun!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had our wedding rehearsal dinner at Morgan Creek - exceptional service, great food, wonderful marina setting, corn hole for the kids, and even a fun outdoor band.

• Visited August 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Automatic gratuity for small parties, forgetable food”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My family and I visited the Upper section of the restaurant for an early lunch during a recent visit to Isle of the Palms. Unfortunately, the visit left me disappointed and hungry.

The first issue with the restaurant is their automatic gratuity policy. My party was 6 adults and we were slapped with an automatic gratuity of 15%. I have never been to a restaurant that considers 6 adults to be such a burden. I understand how important gratuity is to a waitress/waiter, but gratuity is to be earned and not expected.

Our service was not good and I understand why. Our waitress had no incentive to provide good service since she knew she was getting 15% one way or another. Maybe that is why her uniform was sloppy, drinks were slow to be refilled, and we had to flag down other staff for assistance.

The next issue is their prices. $3.00 for a black coffee, $5.00 for a house side salad, all their sandwiches are at least $10.00. With prices like that you would expect an exceptional cup of coffee or an good crap cake burger. Instead you get below average 'bar food' level quality.

Finally, the food is forgettable. I ordered a crab cake burger and I was disappointing by the soggy quality. A simple side of fries tasted like they had been left under a heating lamp for an hour. They were hard and uneatable.

There are other options to eat in the area and I won't waste my time and money at the Morgan Creek Grill Upper Level again.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Mason9923
Marybeth L, Manager at Morgan Creek Grill, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Jason C – We are saddened to hear you did not enjoy your meal with us. We hope you brought the issue of your food to the attention of your server or a manager. We’d love to talk to you more about your experience, and would appreciate if you gave us a call at (843) 886-8980 and ask for Rebecca.