“Awesome, huge portions of food!”
Review of Banana Cabana

Banana Cabana
Ranked #10 of 33 Restaurants in Isle of Palms
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Description: Welcome to Banana Cabana! We invite you to bring the entire family in to dine with us, relax and enjoy the food & the view. Located right on the beach of Isle of Palms, we're a family friendly establishment offering great American classics and seafood favorites.
Isle of Palms
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome, huge portions of food!”
Reviewed April 23, 2009

Our Macho Nachos for $9.00 would have fed 4 people easily...huge portions. The girl sitting next to me had a $9.00 Shrimp Ceasar Salad. It was served on a platter and had at least 20 shrimp on the salad, good sized ones, not the little bay shrimp. The Tuna and Fried Oyster special was enough for my boyfriend, me and our grandson to split with a to-go box and was only $15.99. The tuna was seared to perfection...and they serve pretty strong drinks...definately more for your money at this very cool laid back ocean front comfortable bar/restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating...and live music. We loved the hell out of it and went back the next day!

West Ashley
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Staff needs a clue in customer relations & service”
Reviewed April 18, 2009

This restaurant was very unkept, but at an oceanside resort, you might want to make concessions for the overcrowding the place has to deal with. Who knows, perhaps unswept floors and people banging into eachother trying to get across the room is part of the charm. The service was fine as far as attentiveness, the food was standard, but the real problem I have with the restaurant is its staff; its arrogance to customers. My girlfriend was served a strawberry daiquari and both of us had concerns with its lack of alcohol flavor. {perhaps it was ordered as virgin}. Now we have had wonderful drinks before at oother establishments {Charlies} and we know what is good and what is poor. The young lady waitress insisted the drink was alcoholic, but for $6.50 a drink, we wanted to be sure. You would think that whether we were right or wrong about the alcohol content, customers should get what they want and get a stronger drink replacement. Instead, the girl argued with a condesending smile that we were totally mistaken. In fact, she almost made it a point to let us know that we were being ridiculous. I was rather surprised at this reproach, because I never received such poor judgement from a waitress in my life. It's funny to think that the bar was cutting back on its alcohol because the young manager {I think} personally spoke to me afterwards saying that " alcohol isn't free". I told him, "With the markup of your drinks you should make concessions if you wanted further business". The young 20-something gave no response. I mean, this is the ONLY business in Charleston that tried to make you feel guilty for getting what you felt you deserved. Outrageous. Yes, I paid another $4.50 for a shot to make the drink stronger {before I knew the fallout}. Did they even think to make this up to us? No, they didn't. Well, at least the girl received $0.00 as a tip. I hope they learn from this. If they didn't, they are in for some hard knocks in life.

1 Thank nightshade9
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Hey, I great place to have a brew, inside or outside on the beach. Been there for a good while.”
Reviewed March 10, 2009

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Omaha, NE
“Restaurant is a dive, but not all that bad”
Reviewed July 31, 2008

OK, so this place isn't fancy, but at least it's a little fun. Smokers at the bar in the front next to the diners; In good weather you can also eat outside in the back. Loud, but good, music. Good beer. I had the flounder sandwich and it was pretty good. Stick to the really basic foods (burgers, fries, etc) and you will be happier. Portions are huge. Prices are moderate for the IOP. Staff was friendly. Food came quickly.

Chicago
“Good Food, even better drinks”
Reviewed May 29, 2007

A very popular spot on the IOP, however we settled to be seated inside and were able to sit immediately. We had a great simple appetizer of chips with salsa, guacamole, and spinach artichoke dip.
The entree of mushroom, artichoke, and bell peppers was very good and
unique. The drinks were excellent and a great variety. Service was a little slow but hey you're on island time!