“Consistently good food and great outdoor seating.”
Review of Banana Cabana

Banana Cabana
Ranked #10 of 34 Restaurants in Isle of Palms
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Description: Welcome to Banana Cabana! We invite you to bring the entire family in to dine with us, relax and enjoy the food & the view. Located right on the beach of Isle of Palms, we're a family friendly establishment offering great American classics and seafood favorites.
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We have been going to the Banana Cabana for years each time we visit Isle of Palms. The meals through the years have been consistently good and reasonably priced. We always sit outdoors. In the evening they have a musician playing out there. I got the fried flounder. It was very good. My husband got the fried shrimp and was disappointed in the size of the shrimp and felt like it had been over cooked. That was probably the first time one of us has had a bad meal there. Nonetheless, I'm basing my recommendation on years of going to this place and it's worth going I. Your flip flops and t shirt and having a laid back time.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I had the fritters and they were filled with red/green veggies, peppers perhaps, which totally overwhelmed the flavor, served with chili sauce, bad! I ate one, that was more than enough!! My husband had a fried fish sandwich, which was very fishy, the fries were not crisp, would not return, the only good thing was sitting outside.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Come casually attired and be sure to bring your best beach attitude. There's nothing fancy or even exciting about Banana Cabana. It's close to being a hole in the wall! But the service is friendly and quick. The food is, predictably, mostly fried - ya'll are in the south after all - but not bad. The night we were there, there was guitar music on the outdoor patio. It was loud, but the waitress did offer to ask the musician to lower the volume, if we'd wanted. After your meal walk down the pier which leads to the beach.There are a number of far better restaurants in the area. However, if you're hungry and rolling in from the beach, Banana Cabana is fine.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Nice cool place to go when the sun is a little too much to handle. Great drinks and nice lunch menu.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

This place is way over priced for the food/alcohol.....Awful......The place is a dump and needs some major up dating. Dark. Dirty. Dingy. And old. The food is mehhh; I guess okay for an okay meal. The waitress claimed that there seafood was all fresh and local. But, I can tell you that all there seafood is frozen and for sure not fresh or local by the way I tasted it. And is later re-cooked. The alcohol we got in our drinks was miniscule. This place is nothing more than a tourist trap in the summer months. Do not go here!! I would recommend going to the Boat House or Morgan Creek!!!!! They are both so great! If really looking for something for lunch bypass the banana and walk the minute away to ACME Lo Country kitchen where you will get so much better food and a deal!!!!!