“Disappointing to say the least!”
Review of Boathouse

Boathouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Boathouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Breach Inlet
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Took an out of state friend for brunch...a chilly sunday in February. For brunch, they seat you in the back porch...sides covered in plastic and it was very chilly(so view is obscured, diners not seated in upper portion of restaurant). Thank goodness my guest ordered the fried oysters(delicious) and I had the fried green tomatoes crabcake napoleon. The tomatoes were hard as a rock, crabcake substandard. Waitress never even offered dessert...I have been several times in the past...yes, in the summer view is great, but there are much better choices for good food in the area!

Reviewed February 15, 2014

From the upbeat greeting in the parking lot to the incredible chocolate cheesecake for dessert, this was one of the best meals ever. The special (flounder stuffed with crab) was tender, tasty and had lots of crab meat. Having been told they are famous for their fresh seafood, cooked the way we requested, we also tried the sesame encrusted tuna. It was fabulous. The hostesses (Amy & Nicole), our waiter (Collin) and the manager (Coleen) went out of their way to make sure it was a fabulous experience, without making us feel like they were hovering over us. We only wish it hadn't been raining so we could have gone up to the deck on top to watch the sunset and dolphins in Breach Inlet. We will be back!

1  Thank Chris D
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

After reading some positive reviews we tried the Boathouse recently. Parking was non-existent the night we arrived except for Valet parking. The menu seemed limited and mostly seafood but we like seafood. The two specials listed were priced at $29.95 or so and our waitress described both and some off the menu "Specials". My wife ordered one a crab stuffed flounder and I ordered the other, a filet mignon with petite lobster tail and crab cake. The food arrived shortly, reasonably timely service and except for an overly blue cheesed cole slaw....it was well prepared. Our table was on the porch by the water with a filthy plastic windowed affair to make it useable during winter months. The view was so obscured by the dirty plastic that it was worthless. At least I had my wife to look at!

When the check arrived, I was shocked to see our "Specials" priced at $40 and $45. The menu "Specials were like $29.95 so I thought very out of line to charge 10-15 dollars more for simply adding a crab cake!!! A poorly made crab cake with more breading than crab. Next time I'll confirm the price before ordering but likely won't return to the Boathouse. Other local seafood places have it beat on food quality, menu selections, parking and cleaner windows.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I love the fried oysters in particular. Go for dinner around sunset and the view is impossible to beat.

1  Thank ONTHEROAD6843
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The Boathouse sits in a great spot overlooking the marsh, but found the food and service to be average at best. Once the sun sets - it's an average venue with prices of a more sophisticated restaurant.