“Only went due to Restaurant Week and wish I had not.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boathouse

Boathouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Boathouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Breach Inlet
The South
“Only went due to Restaurant Week and wish I had not.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

I had guests coming in to visit during Restaurant Week and wanted to treat them. The menu I found online looked interesting so I chose The Boathouse. They put 5 of us at a table meant for 4 so we were elbow to elbow with the tables next to us, and when a staff member dropped a bottle of ketchup on the floor it splattered on 4 of us. The waitress was rather cold anyway and she refused to believe us and did not care. A management type finally wandered through and he got it cleaned up off the floor but there was no sincere apology. They were already out of many of the menu items and it was only 6:30 pm so we ended up with food we didn't really want. I had asked for two checks and she only gave us one. All in all we were disappointed and won't be back. As usual in places like this, if you order alcohol you are catered too and if you don't they really don't want to fool with you. A 20% tip was put on the check automatically for some reason and thatis the only reason she got a tip that big.

Windsor, Canada
“Totally Satisfied and Delighted”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

This restaurant had been recommended during our stay in Charleston. The four of us have nothing but praise, not only for the excellence of the food, but also for the amazing service provided by Justin. The guy practically ran while he served his customers and he was informative of the menu items as well as attentive. He was so congenial, fun and pleasant, he certainly deserves accolades from his manager. It was the first night of the $30 meal deal and we tried a variety of items, ALL were savored. Loved the atmosphere, too.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank concord98
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“don't goo!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

me and a few friends went here for charleston restaurant week. we were HIGHLY dissapointed...and i have not been dissapointed with a restaurant since i've started eating my way through this city in august. first we got seated near a very drafty door. the waiters smelled like cigarette smoke and listerine. the shrimp and grits were the worst i've ever had. everything on the menu is also wayyy overpriced. save yourself a bad meal and eat elsewhere!

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have been in other restaurants with a better quality for a little less... I hate to pay $8 bucks for a slice of cheese cake (nothing to it) and $10 for a cup of calamari. The food was ok but the price was ridiculos. We were there for Restaurant week and they had an offer of 3 or $30 and they wouldnt let us share... It really just sour our experience... I was still hungry and broke. If you have money go for it, but if you are limited as we were then try somewhere else.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Inman, South Carolina
“Seafood”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I thought the food was okay but the price was more than I would have paid for it. I grew up in Baltimore and am used to better seafood for a better price

1 Thank Loretta K