“WOW! Great food, Great time - Loved watching the Dolphins”
Review of Boathouse

Boathouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Boathouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Breach Inlet
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Prince Edward Island mussels were outstanding as were the oysters! I had the Mahi Mahi, my daughter had the crab stuffed flounder, and my husband had the yellow fin tuna. It was all wonderful. Great atmosphere (except for the wedding party that had a little too much on the beverages). We sat on the patio so that we could watch the dolphins eat and play in the nearby channels. It was really interesting as a charter had just returned from a fishing trip and were filleting out their catch. The dolphins came up to take the unwanted parts of the fish. Pretty cool. The dessert wasn't bad either. Chocolate mousse pie.

A little on the expensive side with drinks but we were on vacation and it was worth every penny. I would go there again in a heartbeat and even sent my nephew and his wife there.

Reviewed May 27, 2011

The restaurant was recommended by our concierge and several locals. Our waitress was less than attentive. Let's just say that it should not take me asking her 3x for a glass of sweet tea to finally have this simple task completed and food was just OK. Based on what "others" had told us - we Had really hoped for a more upscale evening based on the type of foods offered and the price.

Reviewed May 10, 2011

Had the local fish, grilled, with bleu cheese slaw and smoked gouda mac and cheese. Others at our table: shrimp and grits, crab cakes, mussels and pasta. All excellent.

Reviewed May 1, 2011

I have eaten here twice and my experience both times have been the same. The food is okay. Not bad, not good, just average. Everything tastes fresh, but nothing is special. Their side dishes could use some improving (no baked potatoes or french fries, only very artificial tasting mashed potatoes). The prices are quite high, $26 for a 6 oz. piece of grilled salmon with a side of coleslaw and gummy mashed potatoes. The view of the harbour from the top deck is gorgeous, but I don't think I will be going back for dinner.

Reviewed April 30, 2011

The Boathouse is one of our very favorite restaurants. The food is very very good. I especially love their smokey gouda mac and cheese and the blue cheese slaw. They have great creme brulee. It's a short drive from Charleston.