“great italian food with a view”
Review of Coda del Pesce

Coda del Pesce
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Charleston, South Carolina
“great italian food with a view”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Chef prepared a wonderful tasting menu. Would go back again. Staff paired the wine to go with the meal. As I type this review, I think it might be time to go back for another dinner. Really liked the olive oil cake for dessert, the crude (tuna that night), and the past dishes.

Visited October 2013

Charleston, South Carolina
“Hands down THE BEST restaurant in Charleston”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We went to Coda del Pesce last night and had what was THE BEST meal of our lives. They should be writing about Chef Ken Vedrinski everyday. This place beats Husk, High Cotton, Oak Fish, and any other restaurant we have been in the country much less Charleston. The service was fabulous and wonderful wines to accompany dinner at a reasonable price. A very nice intimate setting overlooking the ocean. We all choose the Chef's Tasting which took all of the stress away from choosing and was really fun. Both my son and I love to cook and it was refreshing to experience a chef served creations that I could not begin to even try and make. LOVED THIS PLACE! It is well worth the drive or cab ride from downtown Charleston to experience on of the best chefs in the country!

• Visited November 2013
“Terrible treatment”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have never bothered to write a negative review, but I feel compelled. My husband agreed to go to Coda del Pesce with me last night after much convincing because he does not like the food. We went at 5:30 so we could sit at the bar. We secured our seats and were just going to order a drink and look at the dinner menu when Eric went behind the bar (versus coming next to us to talk) and asked us to move. We went at such an early hour so we could sit where we wanted at the BAR! He rudely explained that "regulars" called and requested the exact two seats we were siting in. We are "regulars" in many restaurants and appreciate being treated as such, so if we had been approached with professionalism, kindness and appreciation that we were there, we would gladly have
moved. He said, " Well if it's that big a deal", with such arrogance, we decided to leave. My husband doesn't have to worry about being convinced to go there again. And by the way, we live right down the street within walking distance. Perhaps we would have become regulars too.....

• Visited November 2013
5 Thank LDvisitor
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistently Outstanding”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I have been to Coda with friends, and family on numerous occasions; including during its pre opening and its soft opening stints. The food has been consistently outstanding. Yes, early on there were some service related issues, however these kinks have long been been ironed out. This is predominantly an Italian seafood restaurant. The quality and variety of the food is very similar to what you would find in some of the best restaurants in the coastal regions of Northern Italy. (To which I have been to many). The pasta is always fresh and expertly prepared, my favorite is the calamari bolognese. The fritto misto and flounder braciole are fantastic appetizers. The seafood secondi courses change daily and with the seasons and they have all been phenomenal. This is authentic Italian seafood done right. I am a "local" and with out question Coda del Pesce is my favorite restaurant in the Charleston area. In fact I am going there tonight.

• Visited October 2013
Daniel Island, South Carolina
“Blown Away”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Coda del Pesce is "hot" right now, but I really wasn't sure what to expect. it was outstanding.

Great venue, right on the ocean, but that's only a little part of the experience. Food and presentation were great. Our server (Brian) was a real foodie who knew about all of the dishes and preparations and took time patiently to explain things. Professional, friendly, connected, engaged.

But now to the food … oh, the food. Several of us had a cobia picatta, which was probably one of the best fish dishes I've ever had. Certainly top 5. There was a scallop-pasta dish wich also generated raves.

We were a group of 7, and Brian – with unfailing good nature – allowed (encouraged?) us to share first courses and desserts. What a great way to experience the wonders of the kitchen.

Coda del Pesce is truly a labor of love for those involved. Top drawer, but not at all pretentious. Check that -- the food was pretentious, but only in a good way. The chefs aren't afraid to reach, and when they do, nothing but good things happen.

Run, don't walk, to Coda del Pesce. Bundle up and get an outside table right on the ocean. It can't possibly get any better.

• Visited October 2013