“Slim pickings if you are gluten free”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Coda del Pesce

Coda del Pesce
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Charleston, South Carolina
“Slim pickings if you are gluten free”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I very much enjoyed what I was able to eat, but there were only 2 things on the entire menu. An appetizer of crudo, which on that day happened to be scallops in a citrus sauce - delicious! The only entre I could get was tuna ( have to admit I don't remember the base beneath the fish). However, I hate tuna, so they kindly seared a piece of grouper and put that on top in place of the tuna. This, also, was excellent. My friend had the flounder appetizer, which he said was very good, but I did not taste due to the bread crumbs. His entrée was swordfish which he said was by far the most moist and tender swordfish he had ever had.
No gluten free desserts except gelato. We split a gelato sampler which was also delicious.
Their menu changes often as they get fresh ingredients in, so perhaps at a different time there may be more choices that I could try. For the non gluten free, this is a very good option.

• Visited September 2013

Charleston, South Carolina
“ANOTHER HOME RUN FOR VEDRINSKI”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We first ran into Ken in 2000 at the Woodlands Inn . His next restuarant was "Sienna"on Daniel Island....an outstanding ristorante that put all Italian restaurants in SC on notice.
We followed him to Luccas....a wonderful Trattoria in downtown Charleston(in operation now). A genuine example of an Italian Trattoria...easily competes with NYC examples.
Coda del Pesce is another smash hit for this James Beard Award winner.
The service was attentive and will improve with experience. The food was outstanding...his appetizers , as usual, were the highlight of the meal. The "frito misto" should not be missed. Very unusual and wonderful blends of tastes.
We had fish and pastas for our entrees and they were over the top...The sauce for the Pastas
were savory and unlike any you will find locally.
Like Luccas it was noisy but I think that is due in part to people enjoying themselves. If you
think this is a Boathouse, Hymans, or Red Lobster you should probably stick with them.... same goes for Olive Garden.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank d c
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We truly enjoyed our evening here. First we ordered the Frito Misto which is for two. It was a generous platter of gently fried calamari and white fish. Truly the best calamari I've ever had, very tender and creamy and not a tough piece to be found. Mu husband and I both ordered the snapper and thoroughly enjoyed it, a delicious dish. We shared the olive oil cake for dessert which was lovely. Having sat at the bar we didn't get to enjoy the view, which is very nice, but the food was so good, we didn't care.

Visited September 2013
Pensacola, Florida
“A gem at the beach”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I love the decor and the service was great. All the staff were pleasant. The food was very good and a welcome change from the usual seafood fare. The pasta was tasty but alittle too al dente but that is my only complaint.
Don't miss dessert!! Great wine selection. Would go back!

• Visited August 2013
“First Experience”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My wife and I read a review in the local paper about this restaurant and decided to try it. The ambiance is casual and there is a view of the ocean with a tunnel of condo balconies on either side. The appetizers were fabulous ... unusual, fresh, and delicious. Our entrees were quite good, but although they were as pricey as the four star downtown Charleston restaurants, the quality was a little below those standards. We had the fresh sorbets and gelatos for dessert and they also were excellent. Overall, we intend to give Coda del Pesce a second try and would recommend it especially for people staying on the island or in Mt. Pleasant.

• Visited August 2013