“Best fishing guide ever!”

Charleston Fishfinder Charters
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Hello, My name is Capt Ben Floyd and Charleston Fishfinder is the name of my company. I provide light tackle and fly fishing charters for beginner and expert fishermen alike. I have been in business for 7 years and I love what I do for a living. Fishing is a way of life where I am from and through some sort of natural progression I have turned it into my livelihood. I am from a small fishing community in South Carolina called McClellanville. At the age of 13 I discovered that I could get paid to take people fishing for fun and for sport. After college at Lander University I moved back home and shortly thereafter I started my business, Charleston Fishfinder. I love my profession and I strive to make every trip as safe, fun, and memorable as possible.
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Captain Ben is amazing. He is very knowledgeable, kind, and fun. This was our second trip with him. We did in-shore fishing and were successful at every stop we made. We had an amazing time and will always use Captain Ben for our guide. We highly recommend him!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I cannot begin to share with you the delight of our 11 year-old grandson and our incredible fishing experience with Capt. Ben! Not only did my husband and son accompany our grandson on a sunrise expedition, but the following afternoon Capt. Ben took our grandson, husband, granddaughter and me back out shark fishing! Thomas was over the moon and it was incredible to make this a family event. Feel badly Sarah couldn't make it, but it was awesome! Capt. Ben not only provided Thomas with great fishing instruction and coaching but was totally engaged with us all and provided historical info on the area. Just an incredible experience...it's in our heart memory book! Wish we could give him a 10 star rating!!!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Captain Ben is very accommodating and knowledgeable. This was our 3rd trip and on every trip we had different weather and water conditions. Captain Ben allways found the fish which made each trip amazing. We are looking forward to the next trip and highly recommend Captain Ben. You won't be disappointed!! Dave K

1  Thank HurricaneDK
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Wow, what a nice guy. Capt Ben took us out for some inshore fishing and what a great time we had. My grandson wants to make this part of our annual trip to IOP...go figure. Guess we'll just have to make that happen. Thanks Capt Ben. Best time, and best fishing ever!

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Captain Ben took our family (with kids ages 9, 7, 6 and 5) on a shark fishing trip yesterday. We have done several family water trips on IOP and this was by far our favorite. Ben was patient, enthusiastic and knowledgable about the areas. All of our kids got to help reel in the fish on their own. Ben then taught them about the sharks and red fish we caught and released them. Even our daughter, scared of sharks, had a blast because she learned about them first hand. Everyone wants to go again today.