“Perfect weekend getaway”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Perfect weekend getaway”
Reviewed October 25, 2010

We've stayed over the past weekend at this phenomenal site, the Isle of Palms is just a gorgeous spot near Charleston. The hotel is located directly in the Isle of Palms Resort, easy accessible to the beach. You can use the hotels own pool or the two pools located at the beach.
The hotel is very clean, the staff is friendly yet the rooms could get some refurbishment.
But I don't want to be too critical, overall it's a great location with a great hotel, the prices are off-season and thus very moderate - what do you want more???

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed October 25, 2010

The Boardwalk Inn is the Wild Dunes Resort hotel (plenty of homes and condos to rent) but is across the street from the meeting site for our annual PA CME conference. They do offer discounted rates for conferences and the rooms are worth much more than we paid. They are large, clean, luxuriously furnished and well attended. The staff, from front desk to valet to housekeeping (even maintenance) are polite and prompt with help. My wife attends with me so she can vacation while I work (well, work part of the day) and there is plenty to keep her occupied. The resort offers many activities but the highlight is the high standard we've come to expect from the Wild Dunes property. I actually attend this CME conference each year because of the location and hotel. Not a single negative the entire 4 nights we were there.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 13, 2010

I booked a studio-room in the Villages as a last-minute quick and relaxing getaway. I was pleasantly surprised upon arrival. Staff were outside awaiting to assist you in the check-in process. The grounds are beautiful. The room looked brand new with a granite and stainless kitchenette, nice bathroom with travertine tiles, and a cute little balcony that I used to sip wine and relax at the end of the day. Everything you need is at the resort including restaurants, a market, ice cream shop, and all the ammenities of a top-notch resort. The beach was within a rock's throw and the weather was perfect. We were even entertained with a school of dolphins! I would book this resort over and over again.

Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Southeast U.S.
Reviewed October 13, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Boardwalk Inn for several days while in town for vacation. Literally the ONLY negative thing I can say about this place is that there was more mildew in the shower than I would have expected. Everything else was fantastic. You can't beat the location, the rooms are spacious, the decor is nice, the hotel is generally quite clean, and the amenities are top-notch. The service and staff are particularly excellent. Every single employee we encountered was friendly, polite, and helpful. This was the second time we've stayed here, and it was just as great as we remembered. We HIGHLY recommend it!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I had reserved a condo at Isle of Palms for my son, his family, and my husband and me. We loved every minute. The reservation staff was well informed and extremely helpful. The information I received was accurate. The condo was clean, well equipped with all of the household items needed. The balcony was a great touch. The grounds were well maintained and clean. I really appreciated the one hour extended checkout time.Also, even though we checked out of the condo, we still had access to the property for the swimming pools and shower areas. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed October 9, 2010

We stayed in Portocal Unit 204. Paid extra to have a beachfront condo. Wild Resort should require their owners to meet stricter standards to be in the rental pool. My husband described our unit as "rustic". The televisions had to be 15 years old. One remote control did not work. I covered the sofa with a blanket because I did not want to sit on it. The bathroom was very dated. I have never experienced more uncomfortable bar stools and chairs. The building and porch needs care and paint. You cannot throw down a granite countertop and call a condo updated.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Albany, New York
Reviewed October 8, 2010

This hotel was beautiful. Our room was comfortable, the staff was extraordinarily friendly, and the ocean water was warm and beautiful. We stayed here in September for our anniversary and could not have asked for a nicer place. We became acquainted with many people on the staff, and they even sent us chocolate covered strawberries and champagne for our anniversary, and this was not part of a package we had ordered. When we went to print out our boarding passes the day before we left, the business center was free of charge which was nice. Most hotels in my experience will charge you for that. It was about a half hour from Charleston, which is a beautiful city with lots of fantastic restaurants. My husband also liked the tennis program very much.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Tides Folly Beach
Tides Folly Beach
#1 of 1 in Folly Beach
Comfort Suites at the Isle of Palms Connector
Comfort Suites at the Isle of Pa...
#10 of 25 in Mount Pleasant
French Quarter Inn
French Quarter Inn
#2 of 61 in Charleston

Been to Wild Dunes Resort? Share your experiences!