“A beautiful, clean beachside resort”
Review of Wild Dunes Resort

Wild Dunes Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Isle of Palms
GreenLeadersBronze level
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“A beautiful, clean beachside resort”
Reviewed January 31, 2010

I spent one night in January with my husband and 2 children while on a house hunting trip. We were very pleased with our basic room with 2 queen sized beds. The room was spacious, clean, and tastefully decorated. In fact, the room appeared to have been recently updated. There was no musty smell or dampness that we have experienced at other beachside hotels. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast in the dining room before checking out. The winter rates were excellent. Why stay at a Hampton Inn when you can stay at a beautiful hotel on the beach? (at least in January)

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 31, 2010

We rent a townhome if a house isn't available. The resort is great, everything close by. You walk right out of your t'home/house onto the beach. Always friendly staff, we visit at least once a year.

Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
South Carolina
Reviewed January 27, 2010

For the past two years, my husband and I have celebrated our anniversary at the Boardwalk Inn at Wild Dunes. Each time we have been thoroughly impressed with the property and its attentive staff. From the moment we walk into the lobby (which has a Hemingway-esqe feel) to opening the door of our king room, we immediately relax. A spacious room with lovely linens, toiletries, and privacy helps Wild Dunes' Boardwalk Inn stand out from its competition in the Charleston area. The beach is easily accessible from the hotel's lobby (simply walk down the boardwalk) and historic Charleston is only 15 minutes away by car. Definitely check out this hotel, especially if you can get a great deal!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Indiana
Reviewed December 29, 2009

I was looking for a place to get away with my 3 sister's for my 50th Bday. It was an easy drive from Charleston (we stayed there 1 night.) We were looking for a beach/spa/resort place. It was a great choice. Wild Dunes was recommended by a friend of mine who planned a work related training weekend. After searching the Wild Dunes website, I called the concierge and she helped me select activities that interested me. We stayed at The Village in a 2 bedroom condo that was new construction, beautifully decorated and a great location. The spa service was great for 2 hours- I gave a list of all the services the 4 of us wanted and it was scheduled at what worked best for us. We went on a sunset kayak trip with a naturalist-fun to explore more of the low country. The restaurant we ate at was very good and the beach was nice and clean. The store/market had everything you needed for snacks, gifts and lunch to go. The Wild Dunes concierge even gave ideas for our 2 days at Charleston and scheduled those activities. We would like to go back soon. We had a fun time!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Travelisfunn
Aiken, SC
Reviewed December 28, 2009

My family and I have been staying at the villas each holiday season for 12 years. Each year has been excellent! The accomadations are spacious and well appointed. The service is impeccable. I would not stay anywhere else while visiting the Charleston area.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Asheville, NC
Reviewed December 3, 2009

Nicely appointed room with kitchen and ocean view. Winter rates are reasonable. Colors of buildings are a bit tacky, so the visual experience is a bit tarnished, but other than that, a great place to relax.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed November 26, 2009

We went off season so many things were not open, however, we totally enjoyed our stay at the hotel. Room was fabulous, staff was super. I was not thrilled with the food, but the waiter was great!

Went to the wine tasting event. I do not drink wine but the finger food was fabulous! I did purchase a bottle of wine for my Mother, very reasonably priced.

The grounds are wonderful, close to beach...Great place to stay. Will stay again soon!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Harbourview Inn
Harbourview Inn
#5 of 61 in Charleston
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,975 reviews

Been to Wild Dunes Resort? Share your experiences!