Wild Dunes Resort
The Palms Oceanfront Hotel(Isle of Palms)(Great Value!)
$239
$229
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Seaside Inn(Isle of Palms)
$189
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Homewood Suites Charleston - Mt Pleasant(Mount Pleasant)(Great Value!)
$143
Comfort Suites at the Isle of Palms Connector(Mount Pleasant)(Great Value!)
$119
$149
$139
$135
HIExpress.com
TownePlace Suites Charleston Mt. Pleasant(Mount Pleasant)(Great Value!)
$151
Wyndham Garden Charleston Mount Pleasant(Mount Pleasant)(Great Value!)
$134
Hotels.com
Courtyard Charleston Mt. Pleasant(Mount Pleasant)(Great Value!)
$118
4,453 results
All reviewsboardwalk inngrand pavilioncoastal provisionshudson's marketlettered olivetennis courtsfamily vacationbike rentalsoff seasonsullivan's islandcharleston areabeach chairsspring breakocean viewsouth carolinabedroom condofull kitchen
Reviewed August 9, 2009

We spent four nights at the Villages of Wild Dunes. This was our fourth stay at the resort. The Village is a newer multi-story complex near the Boardwalk Inn. We had a nice two bedroom unit that was layed out perfectly for our needs. Master suite had king bed and oversized bath. Living room had large flat panel TV adjacent to a well stocked kitchen (appliances, utensils, cooking ware all newer). Living room and master shared a good sized porch overlooking the grounds. Second bedroom had two twin beds and its own TV and bath. Room was a bit dark and could be closed off and rented separate as a more standard hotel room. It was about a 3 minute walk to the beach.

There were some misses though. Elevators were slow, access to the parking garage was restricted to the back entrance only; despite the fact that the other two entrances brought you to the same parking area. Hallway and room noise were able to penetrate into our rental but fortunately our neighbors were generally very quiet. Service at the restaurant below was very slow and the food only average. We found better choices elsewhere in IOP, Mt. Pleasant, and Charleston.

Two of us played the Harbor Golf Course. Good layout for beginners to experts with multiple tee locations. Our tee time was only marginally adhered to by the course staff. Course was in good condition.

Our main issue occurred on our last night when our water heater started making strange hissing and whining sounds from water pressure on a relief valve. The night maintenance guy came to fix it but ended up shutting it off to quiet it down as we could use the shower in the adjoining room our kids occupied (separate water heater). Well, that was the plan; the sounds started up again at 2:30 a.m. and continued off and on for the rest of the night. Apparently one other room had a similar problem.

The resort manager treated us very fairly for our sleepless night and was clearly frustrated by our experience.

I really wanted to give Wild Dunes a rating of 4 or higher. I just can't given our issues and the price we paid per night. We will likely try again at the Villages, although we will also consider Kiawah next year. Wild Dunes resort is a tremendous place to relax and get away. The beach is huge and not crowded. The water is warm with enough wave action for the kids to have fun swimming and body boarding.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank iopbeach
Reviewed August 4, 2009

We just returned from a great week at Wild Dunes Resort...but we rented through vrbo.com. Our condo was just as it appeared in the online photos. Though a tiny bit worn, it was clean, comfortable and the price was right. The ocean front view was beautiful.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2009

My wife and I recently made a trip to the Wild Dunes Resort for a quick getaway for a few days. The is our first time visiting the resort which was very nice. Upon arrival we were treated like we were locals to the area. The entire hotel staff was extremely courteous and respectful. My wife and I are only a few years elder to some of the staff and at all time were greeted as "Sir" and "Ma'am". I highly suggest you look into staying at the Wild Dunes Resort when visiting the Charleston area. Wild Dunes is a Gated community, has local cuisine and is within 30 minutes of almost anything you could want to do in Charleston.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2009

Broadway Inn at Wild Dunes has the rudest staff we've ever encountered. Stayed there w/family for conference. One bellman was so obnoxious to me upon arrival that I thought he was teasing -- he wasn't. Reservations did not have us in system, even though we booked room 6 mos. prior & called week of arrival to confirm. Finally gave us a room. The restaurant manager of Sea Island Grill ( a woman - sorry I don't have her name) was arrogant & haughty and did not have our reservation for 6 that was made 2 weeks prior & confirmed. Had to bring in F&B manager to get a table. Who wants this hassle? Hotel bar closes at 10:00pm even on weekends - no where to sit and talk with friends. Never have I experienced this, and I only stay in 4 star and over hotels.
No mini bar in room - just a refrigerator so that you can put drinks in it. Guess what - arrogant front staff didn't want to give me a key to it -- Odd!! Also no drink service at the Inn's pool - even though bar is there.
Will never go back and neither will our friends at conference. Have spread word to family & friends in Charleston to never book friends in there. Huge disappointment.

2  Thank frequentflyer44
Reviewed August 2, 2009

My family visited Wild Dunes last week after a friend recommended it. Let me start by saying that the resort itself was beautiful. Very well kept and definetly felt as if you were staying at a resort. My family loved the beach and had plenty of room to play and build sand castles. I do have to say though that I was very unhappy with our condo at Mariners walk. It was fithy when we arrived to the point that our feet were black. The bathrooms we cleaned ourself and managment did send someone to come and clean the floors when we called. The unit had been "well loved", which was confirmed when a maintenance crew came in to do repairs one afternoon. We were told it would take 15min, finally at 3.5 hrs we called the real estate agent we booked the unit with asking if they could stop so we could put our kids down for a nap. The management was easy to work when a problem arrouse (we had to call 3 times in our week stay), but they we all issues that should have been addressed prior to our arrival. Bottom Line....I would try another condo or villa at Wild Dunes but will not stay at that unit again

• Stayed: August 2009