“Quaint with Southern Hospitality”
Review of Wild Dunes Resort

Wild Dunes Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Isle of Palms
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This was a nice resort for a conference - the meeting spaces were excellent - especially the temperature control - it wasn't freezing as many conference rooms tend to be. I'm from Hawaii, so the beach was just so-so to me - but to the Midwesterner's I was with it was heaven. The rooms were nice and comfortable - lots of pillows. The lobby areas, however, were little tired looking and in need of a facelift. The staff at the bell desk and receptions areas were full of southern hospitality and as helpful as could be.

The have a great bike (which you can rent) route around the resort and is a beautiful way to enjoy the scenery. The also have jogging routes mapped out for you and I felt safe on my 5 mile run.

The resort is about 30 minutes outside of Charleston with no easy public transportation and an expensive cab ride, so if you want to see more than just the resort, rent a car.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (4,218)

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Room was very nice. Loved having a washer & dryer in my room! I went home with clean clothes and didn't have to wash when I got home. Everyone was very friendly. Beach was within walking distance. You could hear the ocean from the room. I would definatly stay here again.

Room Tip: Check hotel website. I found out they were having a 72hr sale with rooms 45% off. Got a really goo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I needed an extra night stay to play in the finals. I was a walk in and they had a room for me....amazing. I wish I could have stayed longer. The location is the best for tennis. Literally across the street. The food was the best with the nicest staff.

Room Tip: Jr. Suites are the best. You can also have an adjoining room to make a two bedroom. Great size livi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Frank F, General Manager at Wild Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Hello,

I’m so glad we were able to welcome you as our guest here at Wild Dunes Resort during the tennis tournament. It’s great to hear you enjoyed the convenience of Wild Dunes Tennis Center and had the opportunity to sample our Resort restaurants. Thank you for sharing your pleasant remarks about our staff as well. We hope you’ll come back for a longer stay in the future and experience even more of our Resort amenities!

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Beautiful upgraded condo. Property is very GREEN! No issue at all with chemicals. Parking was not a problem and the staff very helpful. We were here for the state tennis tournament and the condos are very close to the courts.

Room Tip: We had no issues at all.

Dear Marilyn,

It was our pleasure to host you during your trip to Charleston for the USTA State League Championships at Wild Dunes Resort. It’s great to hear that we were able to upgrade your reservation and that you enjoyed your vacation condo and its proximity to Wild Dunes Tennis Center. The fact that you mention our property is green means a lot to us! Wild Dunes Resort is committed to sustainability, and I’m pleased to hear that our environmental efforts made a positive difference in your stay. Thank you again for your review. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Best wishes,

Reviewed November 2, 2013

There last week for state tennis tournament. Stayed at Boardwalk Inn. Huge room with pool view. Very quiet, never heard the usual hotel noise and hotel was full. Hotel staff was very friendly, helpful and professional. Breakfast at hotel dining room very good. Also recommend the Moorings and Village but not the tennis condos

Room Tip: 314 or 414 have a great view

Dear Jan,

Thank you for recommending Wild Dunes Resort! It’s great to hear you enjoyed the Boardwalk Inn accommodations and dining and that the noise level made for a comfortable stay during the tennis tournament. Our team aims to create memorable experiences for each and every guest, so I’m equally delighted to hear our staff’s friendliness and assistance contributed to your pleasant stay. We hope to welcome you back to Isle of Palms again soon, whether for tennis play or vacation!

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed last year, most things where broken and house was dirty, bugs and problems. It was so bad island realty gave us a free weekend this year. This was worse, condo was filthy, unmaintained, oven rusted out, broken couch. Lip service from staff. Love the beach but would never ever return here.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ReeveC
Frank F, General Manager at Wild Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear ReeveC,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that you have had two lacking experiences with accommodations here on Isle of Palms. While Wild Dunes manages several vacation condominiums and houses here on the island under our vacation rental program, we are not the sole vacation rental provider servicing the island. I clarify this because the rental provider you mentioned in your review is not associated with Wild Dunes Resort. I can assure you that Wild Dunes Property Management aims to provide a high standard of cleanliness and maintenance for our rental units and amenities to make our guests’ stays as comfortable as possible. I invite you to reach out to me directly at ffredericks@destinationhotels.com if you have any questions concerning Wild Dunes Resort’s rental program.

Regards,

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Had to go for several tests at the University on Mon. We were from out of town so decided to make a weekend distraction. The grounds were beautiful. The beds could have been a little more plushy. Valet parking is not very good but overall everything was very nice.

Room Tip: Avoid room over air conditioner.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
The Palms Oceanfront Hotel
#3 of 5 in Isle of Palms
Comfort Suites at the Isle of Palms Connector
Homewood Suites Charleston - Mt Pleasant
Homewood Suites Charleston - Mt ...
#11 of 25 in Mount Pleasant
Tides Folly Beach
Tides Folly Beach
#1 of 1 in Folly Beach
The Sanctuary Hotel at Kiawah Island Golf Resort

Been to Wild Dunes Resort? Share your experiences!