“Beautiful Location and Fabulous Accommodations”
Review of Wild Dunes Resort

Wild Dunes Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Isle of Palms
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I didn't know what to expect, but was willing to pay a little extra to ensure we had a good vacation. We stayed in Summer House. The condo was perfect for our needs and the patio opened right out to the beach about 100 yds away. The resort offers Tennis, Golf, Restaurants, Heated Main Pool. Each section has its own pool but it was a little too cold this trip to swim there.Two things missing: I wish that we had a hot tub since it was a little chilly to swim. and I wish that had a package that included breakfast. The Resort is about 25 minutes from Charleston, SC. Terrific Vacation!

Room Tip: In Summer House Choose the ground floor the patio opens to the ocean.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LaLaLori_42
Frank F, General Manager at Wild Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear LaLaLori_42,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences from your stay at Wild Dunes Resort. I am glad to hear that your accommodations at Summer House were perfect for your needs. Having a patio that opens right out to the beach is always a plus! We at the resort know that “ porch-sittin’ ” (as we call it here in Charleston) is a favorite pastime for our guests! If you choose to return to Wild Dunes Resort (which I hope you will!), you should check out our specials and packages listed on our website as some offer breakfast inclusions! Thank you again for sharing your experiences, and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the resort in the future.

Frank Fredericks

Write a ReviewReviews (4,216)

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I was pretty excited to be staying at this resort. Have always heard great things about it....It does have a great location with fantastic beach, and nice pools. Service was professional and helpful. I have to say though the room was very average. The sheets are starched, and itchy. Not soft like you would expect for a four star resort. I expect my bedding to be above average when I come to a place like this. Overall I would come back, I would just bring my own bedding.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank KET3
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Entrance is elegant like you expect when you enter a 5 star resort. Very peaceful drive to the Boardwalk. Called by name by the valet, by the property staff and helped to my room. On property restaurant is comfortable and delirious. Staff is excellent. Ask for foam pillows and the mattresses are great for a great night sleep! You cannot beat it. Bathroom is roomy and very clean and well lite.

Room Tip: as for the 5 floor and a view down the board walk. you cannot beat it!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Frank460912
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My daughter lives in Mount Pleasant, and Wild Dunes is a nice place to stay. Walks on the beach, last year it was warm enough to sit on...not this trip. Just a bit of a drive to go into Charleston...tons of great restaurants and shopping all around. Wild Dunes takes care of you. Great spa. We love staying in the Village and having a bedroom plus kitchen and sitting room. Also the little deck is great. My husband can only stand so many days in Charleston proper, so this is a good solution for us both.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My family of four visited the resort for the second time last summer. We had a slight problem with our condo at check-in, but Ruben Schwarte, Director of Rooms, and manager Kevin Price worked exceedingly hard to ensure that the problem was corrected. We enjoyed the beautiful oceanfront view from our condo and the extensive amenities offered at the resort. The pools and bike rentals were favorites among the children. I absolutely loved the Village and Grande Pavillion area and enjoyed the resort's nightly activities and family-oriented entertainment offerings--including movies under the stars at the amphitheater. The town of Isle of Palms is also very charming and has a few very nice dining options, both casual and more upscale (The Sea Biscuit is a "must" for breakfast or brunch, by the way). To top it all off, the close proximity to Charleston and its attractions and historic significance really make a Wild Dunes vacation hard to beat. So much so that we are planning to make reservations for the upcoming summer.

Room Tip: The Wild Dunes website now features pictures of the rental condos and homes. Take a look to ensure...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Mon R
Frank F, General Manager at Wild Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Mon R,

Thank you for sharing your experiences from your stay at Wild Dunes Resort last summer. Although I’m sorry to hear you had some difficulty during the check-in process, I am glad to know that Ruben Schwarte and Kevin Price were able to amend the situation, and I’ll be sure to pass along your kind remarks to them as well. It is great to hear that you and your family were able to take advantage of so many of the activities we offer at the resort! The staff here takes pride in being recognized as one of the top resorts for families and always looks for new ways to expand our activity and entertainment offerings. Our team enjoys providing fun and unique opportunities for families to spend quality time together while creating lasting vacation memories! Since you enjoyed The Village and the Grand Pavilion last summer, I would recommend that you check out our newest Resort guest amenity opening this spring, Palm Cove Pool – located right beside the Village Plaza! Thank you sharing your kind review and we look forward to welcoming you back this summer.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

the resort was close enough to charleston sc., without being in the city,(about 25 minutes away), park at the visitor center,take the shortest tour we did not eat at the resort, we were out an about all day, beach is nice at sunset.

Room Tip: we stay at the villages, room was small but ok
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The golf at Wild Dunes was great, but what really made my trip was the lesson I got from the Head Pro, Jeff Minton. He turned my swing around in about 2 lessons.The staff at the Pro Shop are top notch. In particular, I found Cameron Archer, to be very helpful. The house we rented was great and the restaurants even better. I would highly recommend Wild Dunes Resort. Come for the golf and discover true Southern Hospitality. Terry K.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Terry K,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your review of Wild Dunes Resort. It is nice to hear that you had such a great experience golfing and felt that the staff was top-notch and helpful. The golf staff always enjoys hearing when guests were able to take advantage of lessons and saw true results as well. We are lucky to have such high caliber golf pros like Jeff Minton who have the ability to turn a golf swing around! I will be sure to share your kind words with Jeff Minton, Cameron Archer and the golf staff. Thank you again for sharing your experiences and I hope to welcome you back to the resort in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Isle of Palms
The Palms Oceanfront Hotel
#3 of 5 in Isle of Palms
Comfort Suites at the Isle of Palms Connector
Homewood Suites Charleston - Mt Pleasant
Homewood Suites Charleston - Mt ...
#11 of 25 in Mount Pleasant
Tides Folly Beach
Tides Folly Beach
#1 of 1 in Folly Beach
The Sanctuary Hotel at Kiawah Island Golf Resort

Been to Wild Dunes Resort? Share your experiences!