“Fantastic Winter Getaway”

Wild Dunes Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Isle of Palms
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The golf at Wild Dunes was great, but what really made my trip was the lesson I got from the Head Pro, Jeff Minton. He turned my swing around in about 2 lessons.The staff at the Pro Shop are top notch. In particular, I found Cameron Archer, to be very helpful. The house we rented was great and the restaurants even better. I would highly recommend Wild Dunes Resort. Come for the golf and discover true Southern Hospitality. Terry K.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Frank F, General Manager at Wild Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Terry K,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your review of Wild Dunes Resort. It is nice to hear that you had such a great experience golfing and felt that the staff was top-notch and helpful. The golf staff always enjoys hearing when guests were able to take advantage of lessons and saw true results as well. We are lucky to have such high caliber golf pros like Jeff Minton who have the ability to turn a golf swing around! I will be sure to share your kind words with Jeff Minton, Cameron Archer and the golf staff. Thank you again for sharing your experiences and I hope to welcome you back to the resort in the future.

Regards,

Frank Fredericks

Write a ReviewReviews (4,218)

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Have been here several times over recent years. A restricted access property which is secluded and immaculately kept. Offers the Inn, condos and other options. A real community feel to the property. Learning the navigate the layout can be a bit challenging, but it is well worth it for the quality of the stay. Good food and shopping options on-site.

Room Tip: The Boardwalk Inn provides more of a hotel experience while the numerous condo options provide more...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This was our second stay at Wild Dunes and since we were coming with friends we rented a 2 bedroom condo. I got a super deal on it... $169 per night. It was so big and comfortable with high quality amenities and beautiful decor. The bedrooms were very comfortable and quiet. The bath was so spacious and pretty. The kitchen with granite counter was well stocked-- there was even an excellent blender for making smoothies.
We sat out on the balcony in our upper floor room watching the sunset. The beach is a short walk away and there is a pool, wifi, washer/dryer and free valet or self parking. We did not explore the other resort activities as we drove into Charleston or off to a plantation each day but we did see lots of folks on their way to outdoor fun on the resort.
There seem to often be specials for Wild dunes and that can make it a good value but I think there is a variety of units or rooms available. There are nearby restaurants and it is a short. pleasant drive to downtown charleston.

Room Tip: We got a great deal on a 2 bedroom condo at the villiage ($169 per night) and while it did not have...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We had visited Wild Dunes several summers ago and really enjoyed its ambience and ocean breezes so when we decided to spend the month of February somewhere warmer than PA we settled on Wild Dunes. That was three years ago so we have spent the past 3 Februaries there. It provides ample opportunity to enjoy walking the beach, sit enjoying the oceanfront view frrom our condo, or spend time going into Charleston to take advantage of the many historical sites, great restaurants, beautiful waterfront park, shopping venues, and of course The Battery. Wild Dunes offers terrific opportunities to enjoy all aspects of the the Low Country!

Room Tip: The resort rates properties as standard, deluxe, or premium. Be sure to check out ratings and prope...
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The staff is extremely friendly and helpfull. Valet service is free. We had a baby with us and requested a crib at check-in....they did not have full size cribs on hand but offered us a "pack and play" free of charge. I was suprised to find in already set up in our room when we entered. Valet service was excellent... our vehicle was there and warm by the time we got down to the lobby each time. The room was very clean, I did not feel grossed out by my son crawling in the floor as I have at other resorts. I was disappointed by the view from our balcony (neighboring houses and the street) but I did reserve my room on priceline.com and didn't pay the full price for the room so I kind of expected that view but was HOPING for an ocean view :) We had room service one evening (desert) which was delicious but a little pricey. The Boardwalk/Gazeebo and patio areas were all clean and well kept even for offseason. Overall, we had a great experience at this resort and would recommend it to all of our friends.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2013

It is worth making time to come to the Wild Dunes.
It is very majestic and peaceful. It is worth the price.
It helps restore calm in a hectic life. Very helpful staff.
This was our 2nd time at Wild Dunes within a 3 year period.

Room Tip: Fourth floor, facing the ocean...worth the price!!!
1  Thank CLamb60
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My family really needed to get away from it all and our tax refund was burning a hole in our pocket. I found The Village on Travelocity and immediately booked the room because it had everything I was looking for. My mother-in-law was coming and I really wanted a two room suite instead of paying for two separate rooms and I also wanted something we could "live" in during our stay instead of it being just a room with a bed and maybe a mini fridge. The room seemed almost too good to be true but when we actually entered the room, it was even better. This room matched and even exceeded my expectations. The suite had two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a FULLY STOCKED kitchen. And when I say FULLY STOCKED I mean it had everything you could possibly need. There was a DVD player in the living room, a wrap around porch and a washer/dryer combo. Most of the time when I stay in a hotel room I'm counting the days or hours before I can return to my home. But this room made me dread going back home. My family was very impressed and the only complaint we had was the bone chilling wind that kept us from exploring the beach as much as we wanted to but that's not something they can control. The staff was extremely nice and never encountered anyone with a bad disposition. My family and I are already planning on returning next year.

Room Tip: Corner suites have the wrap around balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
The Palms Oceanfront Hotel
#3 of 5 in Isle of Palms
Comfort Suites at the Isle of Palms Connector
Homewood Suites Charleston - Mt Pleasant
Homewood Suites Charleston - Mt ...
#11 of 25 in Mount Pleasant
Tides Folly Beach
Tides Folly Beach
#1 of 1 in Folly Beach
The Sanctuary Hotel at Kiawah Island Golf Resort

Been to Wild Dunes Resort? Share your experiences!