Wild Dunes Resort
The Palms Oceanfront Hotel(Isle of Palms)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Breakfast included
Seaside Inn(Isle of Palms)
$175
  • Breakfast included
Homewood Suites Charleston - Mt Pleasant(Mount Pleasant)(Great Value!)
$143
$135
Travelocity
Comfort Suites at the Isle of Palms Connector(Mount Pleasant)(Great Value!)
$115
ComfortSuites
Residence Inn Charleston Mt. Pleasant(Mount Pleasant)(Great Value!)
$170
$172
$127
HIExpress.com
TownePlace Suites Charleston Mt. Pleasant(Mount Pleasant)(Great Value!)
$165
Ocean Inn(Isle of Palms)
4,370 results
All reviewsboardwalk inngrand pavilioncoastal provisionshudson's marketlettered olivetennis courtsfamily vacationbike rentalsoff seasonsullivan's islandcharleston areabeach chairsspring breakocean viewsouth carolinabedroom condofull kitchen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was our first visit to Charleston and Wild Dunes. I got an awesome deal over the phone to stay one night at the Boardwalk Inn. We took advantage of the wonderful deals for restaurant week in Charleston and had great assistance from the hotel concierge. Everything was perfect - directions - check-in - our room!!! Wow! It was beautiful! Dinner was fabulous. I was able to convince my husband that he desperately needed a day off on Monday and so we stayed over an extra night. Now the transformation began from uptight workaholics to relaxed beachcombers! We slept in, ate a leisurely breakfast on the balcony, and then walked and walked the beautiful beach. The location is perfect but what makes the resort so special are its genuinely kind, knowledgeable, gracious staff. Wild Dunes is special and we hope to have the privilege of returning one day soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony - you don't necessarily have to view the ocean - you can walk there in a few minutes.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Frank F, General Manager at Wild Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear Rita V,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your first visit (and restaurant week – one of my personal favorites) to Wild Dunes Resort and Charleston. Our team always strives to exemplify genuine Southern hospitality, so I’m thrilled to hear that our team’s service met your expectations -- and I’ll be sure to share your compliments with them. I am also pleased to hear you were able to enjoy an extra night with us to help achieve ‘relaxed beachcombers’ status – even if temporarily! Thank you for your kind words and review. On behalf of our team, we sincerely appreciate your time and thought in sharing them with us and others and hope to have the privilege of welcoming you and your husband back one day soon.

Warm regards,
Frank Fredericks

Reviewed January 26, 2013

January stay in a condo very nice. Resort was quiet, beach beautiful, and the staff very helpful! The condo was a deluxe that was beautifully decorated. Beds were comfortable. A great winter relaxing trip

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TnMawie
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My wife and I went to Wild Dunes for a weekend getaway during the month of January. It was quiet but still a lot of locals who live there year around. The weather was magnificent as it was 65 degrees and sunny the entire time we were there. Wild Dunes is a great place to ride bikes and/or visit the Spa as we did.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I paid for a simple room, and was upgraded to a suite/condo. I'm assuming my room was overbooked. Fully stocked kitchen, so I enjoyed being able to cook. At the discounted rate of $119 a night, I was VERY pleasantly surprised at all of them amenities provided. Beautiful environment, bery close to the beach. Everything was perfect. I'd love to go back very soon.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Canija E
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have stayed here twice for a business trip and absolutely love this resort! I would love to bring my family here in the summer, as I have only been here in January and it looks like it would be an amazing family getaway in the summertime (lots of things are closed here in off season). The only "complaint" I have is the lack of transportation. Being on IOP its pretty remote (thats the idea of this kind of getaway....so thats not the problem) but it would be really great if there was some complimentary shuttle to the mainland grocery stores/pharmacy etc. If you are coming with a family I would HIGHLY recommend renting a car, because although I have only been here for business and really everything I need is right there (food/bar/lodging) kids/families may want to consider a car for trips into town to get stuff that you forgot/snacks (although the onsite market is very well stocked and reasonably priced) and alternate dining options (again, may have more options in the summer but kind of limited off season). I did go to the spa and while I had a nice massage, the spa facility is not what I would expect from a beautiful resort like this. The property itself is gorgeous, the rooms are nicely appointed, the location with the private beach is excellent and there are pools, golf, tennis, workout facilities - its a great R&R retreat. I will say one last thing and that is the staff - everyone is so kind and accomodating. True southern hospitality!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business