“Outstanding-there 3 times in 6 weeks”
Review of Wild Dunes Resort

Wild Dunes Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Isle of Palms
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Having a tennis statewide event there for the last 6 years has been a pleasure. The staff is professional, friendly, accommodating to all our needs making all participants feel at home. The lodging has always been excellent with friendly and professional staff assisting with any needs. I have also attended 2 business meetings and have found them to meet and excede all expectations. A great place for meetings, events or just a vacation. Highly recommend Wild Dunes.

Room Tip: I have stayed on the Boardwalk, in the surrounding areas of the tennis courts, in the hotel, and sev...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (4,248)

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We had a wonderful time at Thanksgiving this year. The weather was perfect and the stay was all we could wish for. We have been going to Wild Dunes for about 24 years. Had a little trouble with the lodging last year but Wild Dunes got on it and everything was perfect this year.

I would recommend this vacation place because the staff took time to resolve the issues and that does not happen very much these days.

The lodging was clean and maintained and everyone at the resort that we came into contact with was helpful. No issue went unsolved to the point that I had a call from the resort waiting for me when I arrived home.

The beach is clean and beautiful.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2012

What I love most about the Wild Dunes aside from the great customer service is the location. It's located away from the city, yet so close to everything. The nearby town Mt.Pleasent right over the bridge has everything you need shops, dining, etc. It's only a short drive into Charleston as well. The only thing I would say is a slight hassle could be the parking. Not much of it. We were there for a week during the first part and it was effortless to find a place to park. Yet because I felt like royalty that week I still insisted to valet, ignoring my wife’s suggestion to simply park in one of the open spaces ;). However during the weekend more guests arrived and valet seemed to be a necessity. Great Place overall and we will be back and will also consider ownership someday!!

Room Tip: The best rooms in the Village are on the 3rd floor the have the biggest balconies
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My wife and I chose Wild Dunes to experience our 10th Anniversary because of the relaxed and genuine TLC given at Wild Dunes. The ambiance is rich and tranquil while the staff is at your call. the rooms are "roomy", very clean, looks like remodeled, bath and shower are 5 star: mattress is king sign and plush (exactly what a traveler requires for a good nights restful sleep) and the view from the 4th and 5 th floor over the pool (you must request) are spectacular! The food on the property is outstanding. Staff "knows" you at check. Nice

Room Tip: ask for 4th or 5th floor over the pool with a view of the ocean
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband, son and I along with some friends visited this resort on a warm weekend in December. Wild Dunes resort is a beautiful and well kept resort. We rented a two bedroom condo with an ocean view. The condo was well kept, clean, and had great amenities.
My only complaint was that upon check out, we were told we could not use one of the resort's trolleys to carry our luggage down; despite the fact that we had an infant and a lot of luggage. It ended up taking us over 30 minutes to load our car with all of the trips up and down the elevator with an infant and without a luggage trolley. When we complained at check out, the staff seemed indifferent.

Despite the minor trolley issue, we were extremely happy with our stay and we plan on coming back in the spring or summer!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank travelbug242
Reviewed December 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed during an unseasonably warm couple of days in December. It was warm enough to swim but the place was completely deserted, so it was a great situation for us! Between us, we have over 7 years experience working in 3 different departments in a sister property to the Boardwalk Inn, so we know the service standards well because we have to do them.

Cedric brought us room service each morning and is a model employee. He was flawlessly professional and friendly, he saw us in the lobby and spoke to us, truly a great asset to your staff! The young guy working front desk the nights of 12/2 and 12/3 was also great. Really polite and friendly--he made us feel very welcome. All members of staff we encountered spoke to us. We missed service one morning because we had a privacy sign and then called down for service...this was done almost immediately.

The only thing not good about our stay was with the tennis center. We brought our rackets excited to be able to play at the resort, and we went to the courts around 11 AM. We walked in and very few courts were occupied, so we easily found an empty court and hit around for just a few minutes before a woman came to tell us we had to register, which is fine, but they wanted to charge us $15/hour to play before noon, or we could wait until 12 when we could get a complimentary hour...how inconvenient? We just left and went to the beach, but had planned our day around playing a little tennis. This was embarrassing and disappointing--it felt like we were getting nickeled and dimed, especially when already paying a small, albeit annoying, resort fee. The staff should use discretion to make small exceptions of an hour when the courts are nearly empty on a Monday morning in December. Reading other reviews, it seems like similar experiences are common, and that did not leave a good impression.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I was browsing around the site, Groupon and purchased a two night stay at Boardwalk Inn. My husband and I were looking for a quick getaway. We loved the hotel and the "Boardwalk". We went in March and the weather couldn't have been any better for that particular time of year. We loved our amenities and the staff was always very friendly! We can't wait to go back this spring!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
The Palms Oceanfront Hotel
The Palms Oceanfront Hotel
#3 of 5 in Isle of Palms
Comfort Suites at the Isle of Palms Connector
Comfort Suites at the Isle of Pa...
#10 of 25 in Mount Pleasant
Tides Folly Beach
Tides Folly Beach
#1 of 1 in Folly Beach
Homewood Suites Charleston - Mt Pleasant
Wyndham Garden Charleston Mount Pleasant

Been to Wild Dunes Resort? Share your experiences!