“May 21, 2012 Hot-Dry and Perfect”
Review of Wild Dunes Resort

Wild Dunes Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Isle of Palms
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Another wonderful stay at the Wild Dunes Resort. The weather was perfect…hot and dry. We were in a Village Garden’s two bedroom condo…loved it. For us it was the best location yet at the Resort. The beds were comfortable, quiet and unit was clean. Kudos to staff they were all very professional and courteous everywhere we went. As usual, we are longing for our return trip.

Although it was not a problem for us (we stayed at the Villages Gardens Unit) this time, I worry that the future expansion of the resort pool complex will make parking a nightmare. Hopefully there is a “plan” by the higher powers to address this potential problem....valet parking has its limitations.

Room Tip: Opt for the Village Garden Units...best kept secret at the resort.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bones81
Write a ReviewReviews (4,248)

Reviewed May 26, 2012

I would highly recommend you stay at the village apartments and NOT the Boardwalk Inn. Having stayed at both on separate occasions I can tell you they are like night and day.

Village apartments are spacious with beautiful furnishings, kitchen and fabulous bathroom with deep soaking tub. Felt like a five star property and was very nicely appointed. The checkin situation is a little bit awkward with stairs, but the vibe of the village area is really nice.

On the other hand, The Boardwalk Inn has a lovely lobby, but the minute you step into the grimy elevators, it's all down hill from there. The rooms have extremely thin walls, loud air conditioning and beds with scratchy linens. Felt more like a high-priced Holiday Inn than a luxury stay. It is definitely worth the extra few dollars to stay at the Village!

My rating is 3 stars but that is only because I give 5 stars to the Village and 2 stars to the Boardwalk Inn.

Room Tip: Spring the extra few dollars for the Village apartments
1  Thank SpaJunky
Aggie01, General Manager at Wild Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

While I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at The Village, I was also disappointed to learn that the opposite was true of your stay at the hotel. However, I’m excited to let you know that we are in the process of giving the hotel some love and care. The hotel’s guest rooms are getting new carpet and bedding, as well as new bathroom tile and new furniture. While we have paused enhancements for summer, all are scheduled for completion in the fall. I do hope that you’ll give the Boardwalk Inn another try and see the difference!

Frank Fredericks

Reviewed May 23, 2012

When we arrived the complimentary valet and bell hop was wonderful. Check in was easy and efficient. The first night we ordered room service and the food was delectable!! One item was left off our order and it was promptly brought up to us and comped even though it was pretty late at night (1030pm). Overall the stay was great. The area is beautiful and well maintained and we will definitely be returning very soon!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Carlton L
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We had a nice, albeit short stay at Wild Dunes Village B. The staff was friendly and helpful. The beds were comfy, the Internet worked fine for us and the views from the balcony were lovely. The room was clean and nicely laid out. Some of the furniture was a bit worn, but no biggie.

There were a few cons however. The fridge, although convinient, was very noisy. The coffee maker did not work. And lastly, the shower pressure was not the best.

All those aside, we had a pleasant stay and plan on returning for a longer visit.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

I would like to compliment the staff and the valet for the work they do to keep this place running everyday. My largest complaint is the noise from the outside....the loading dock area I guess. It started with a whisper, my wife leaned over to me at 6AM and said "what is that noise" I woke up to see the "looks like laundry truck" loading up....taking about 30 minutes. So back to sleep, and at 7:55 AM the garbage truck show up to load not one but two dumpsters. Called front desk and they said it was the city issue with garbage truck scheduling. Now it is 9:52PM and the laundry truck has just finished loading back into the hotel the clean laundry and is roaring away as I type. This is only Saturday, I cannot wait until Sunday. I forgot, did I say anything about the wedding music that started around 7PM, and the break we got when the laundry truck showed up to drown out the music, karioke (terrible) and the repeat of brown eyed girl. GEEZ at $200 a night..I would go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Not on the north side of the building
1  Thank keystonejohnny1955
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Wild Dunes is a very large resort complex with a huge variety of rentals. It offers everything from rooms in the resort "hotel" to large single family homes. We were concerned because of the consistent nature of the one star reviews, dirty carpets, smelly rooms with thin walls. We rented a beachfront 1 bedroon villa and it had none of these problems. It was really right on the beach and nicely maintained. We stayed away from the resort food as it looked pricey and not very apealing. Great food is all over the place in Mt. Pleasant. Avoid the Isle o' Palm marina restruant - BAD!.

Room Tip: We were in the Mariner's Walk complex. B12.
6  Thank TexBoots
Reviewed May 17, 2012

A wonderful place to stay in South Carolina. Classy, clean, friendly staff. Very accomadating. The most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Better sleep than at home! I would go back anytime and enjoy another great vacation with Wild Dunes!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
The Palms Oceanfront Hotel
The Palms Oceanfront Hotel
#3 of 5 in Isle of Palms
Comfort Suites at the Isle of Palms Connector
Comfort Suites at the Isle of Pa...
#10 of 25 in Mount Pleasant
Homewood Suites Charleston - Mt Pleasant
Tides Folly Beach
Tides Folly Beach
#1 of 1 in Folly Beach
Wyndham Garden Charleston Mount Pleasant

Been to Wild Dunes Resort? Share your experiences!