“Location, location, location”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Isle of Palms
Gray, Kentucky, United States
“Location, location, location”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Simply put, the location is perfect. Right on the beach, shopping and restaurants literally steps away. The hotel itself is old and dirty. But again location is perfection and I would stay here again for that reason.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Anthony W
Angel S, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
I am glad these guests loved the location and the convenience of having shopping and dining nearby. I am happy they will be returning, but they will find that conditions will be better when they stay with us again. I appreciate their taking the time to write a review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Location is ideal to nightlife and restaurants but the hotel itself is a dump. It was extremely pricey for what you got but they are the only hotel there. View/location is nice but if I had to do it again, I'd find a local condo. That said, the four of us, all managed to have a good time and party on.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TarheelInIL_11
Angel S, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
I would like to thank this guest for their review. Though they weren't exactly happy with their accommodations here, they still managed to have a good time. I am very happy that they loved the location, and I do hope they will reconsider staying with us again and enjoying the improvements we are making.
Fresno, California
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The online pictures of this hotel do this hotel too much justice. It's just dirty. We prepaid for 2 nights and only stayed one. We up and left after one night. And my husband is NOT picky. As LNG as the hotel has breakfast in the morning, he's good. But, he was happy to leave his $150 night behind.

3 Thank Resurface
Angel S, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
I appreciate this guest's feedback. I want to apologize that they were so dissatisfied that they cut their stay short. As always, their comments were taken seriously, and we look forward to making improvements, providing excellent customer service, and clean accommodations. This guest's time and review was appreciated.

Travelers are raving about these Isle of Palms hotels

Watertown,
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I are in our early 50s and have traveled a lot both domestically and internationally and in many third world countries. I don't have unreasonable expectations, but I do expect to get what I pay for. A room can be old and run down but I expect it at least to be clean. This was by far the dirtiest, most neglected hotel I have ever stayed in. The room had not been vacuumed in months as behind the desks, the bed and in the corners of the room the dirt, dust, and grime was nearly an inch thick. When the door was shut and the air conditioner turned off the room had a horrible odor of mold or mildew. The only indication that the 'cleaning people' had been in our room was that the bed had been made, however the hairs on the bathroom floor, the toilet and the sink had not been touched. The stairwells and the elevator had sand and cob webs and were basically filthy. The owners and/or management clearly have no pride. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

3 Thank Leza S
Angel S, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
I want to thoroughly apologize to this guest for the condition of their room. There is no excuse to be made for their dissatisfaction. I appreciate their feedback, and will take their words to heart and work thoroughly on making improvements. I want to thank them for the time they took to write a review for the hotel.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I can't believe that Priceline gave me this hotel for 3 star.. It's not even 2 star. We stayed here for 3 nights and got depressed entering this hotel and then room. Room was dirty period and looked like furniture was century old. We were stay over but house keeper banged the door every morning at 8.30 am.. Seriously come on.. Who does that? We had to put sign - do not disturb To stop that on third day..had to have our room changed too.. No cleanliness at all.. We were gonna stay 2 more days so we checked out and got room in mount pleasant.. Not through Priceline.. This was first and last time using Priceline also.. I even ask if they are a brand which I haven't heard off.. They said -- it's independent... They had brand few years back.. I think being one of the few motels in area-- they don't care keeping it uptodate..Dirty room, old furniture and sketchy motel, bad breakfast -- only plus front office staff.. I will never stay here again... Highly disappointed:((((((

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Tia S
I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to write a review for the hotel. I do apologize that they weren't satisfied with their accommodations. I also want to apologize that housekeeping was knocking on this guest's door at 8:30 in the morning. That is strange though, when housekeepers don't even clock in until 9am. However, I appreciate the feedback and will get to the bottom of that situation. I am aware that this guest has no desire to return and stay with us, but I do hope that they will reconsider that decision and give us an opportunity to provide them with the type of service we are capable of.
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We just check in and was a little sketchy after reading the reviews, but this place is great. Being greeted by the front desk staff Abagale and Kia, Kia who help with our reservations a month ago these ladies was very helpful and kind. They told us about the area ,restaurants and the night life. They gave off the first impression of the hotel Which was "True Hospitality". Our room is very nice wish we had the ocean front view room. Our partial view is just fine. The area is FANTASTIC!! You are directly on the beach, near by restaurants and gift shops. Parking is ok... With all the negatives comments about the hotel, you cant please all with there needs and wants but the palms hotel satisfied me and my husband!!! We def will return..........

Room Tip: Great hotel and staff lovely area
1 Thank INLOVEWITHJOSE
Angel S, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
We certainly love the title of this review! Most importantly, we love the fact that these guests really enjoyed their stay with us. Kia and Abagail will be tickled pink to know that their customer service was so appreciated by these guests. I am also delighted that these guests didn't allow the negative reviews to deter them from giving us a try. That is all that we ask, try us for yourself, and give us the opportunity to serve you with excellent customer service and clean, comfortable accommodations. Not to mention our wonderful location, and breathtaking views. We are looking forward to serving the needs of these guests again. We would like to thank them for taking the time to write a review for our hotel.
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We had not pre booked this hotel and came across it by chance. We wanted to stay for 3 nights but could only stay for 2, because they were fully booked. We had been touring for 4 weeks and it was nice to relax on the beach for a few days. There are not many hotels here and the price was very good. The hotel is very laid back and seaside'ish. Parking is nearby, everywhere is friendly and laid back,go and experience the magic of a little bit of South Carolina
It was about $258.00 for 2 night inc parking, breakfast, coffee 24 hours and taxes.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
We really appreciate this guest taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We are delighted that they were able to get a couple of days of relaxation while staying with us. The fact that they found everyone here to be friendly makes us happy. We certainly hope they will return to stay with us again in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Isle of Palms
French Quarter
Harbourview Inn
Harbourview Inn
#5 of 61 in Charleston

Been to The Palms Oceanfront Hotel? Share your experiences!