“Pictures look good, but....”

The Palms Oceanfront Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Isle of Palms
Fresno, California
“Pictures look good, but....”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The online pictures of this hotel do this hotel too much justice. It's just dirty. We prepaid for 2 nights and only stayed one. We up and left after one night. And my husband is NOT picky. As LNG as the hotel has breakfast in the morning, he's good. But, he was happy to leave his $150 night behind.

3 Thank Resurface
Angel S, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
I appreciate this guest's feedback. I want to apologize that they were so dissatisfied that they cut their stay short. As always, their comments were taken seriously, and we look forward to making improvements, providing excellent customer service, and clean accommodations. This guest's time and review was appreciated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Watertown,
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I are in our early 50s and have traveled a lot both domestically and internationally and in many third world countries. I don't have unreasonable expectations, but I do expect to get what I pay for. A room can be old and run down but I expect it at least to be clean. This was by far the dirtiest, most neglected hotel I have ever stayed in. The room had not been vacuumed in months as behind the desks, the bed and in the corners of the room the dirt, dust, and grime was nearly an inch thick. When the door was shut and the air conditioner turned off the room had a horrible odor of mold or mildew. The only indication that the 'cleaning people' had been in our room was that the bed had been made, however the hairs on the bathroom floor, the toilet and the sink had not been touched. The stairwells and the elevator had sand and cob webs and were basically filthy. The owners and/or management clearly have no pride. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

3 Thank Leza S
Angel S, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
I want to thoroughly apologize to this guest for the condition of their room. There is no excuse to be made for their dissatisfaction. I appreciate their feedback, and will take their words to heart and work thoroughly on making improvements. I want to thank them for the time they took to write a review for the hotel.

Travelers are raving about these Isle of Palms hotels

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I can't believe that Priceline gave me this hotel for 3 star.. It's not even 2 star. We stayed here for 3 nights and got depressed entering this hotel and then room. Room was dirty period and looked like furniture was century old. We were stay over but house keeper banged the door every morning at 8.30 am.. Seriously come on.. Who does that? We had to put sign - do not disturb To stop that on third day..had to have our room changed too.. No cleanliness at all.. We were gonna stay 2 more days so we checked out and got room in mount pleasant.. Not through Priceline.. This was first and last time using Priceline also.. I even ask if they are a brand which I haven't heard off.. They said -- it's independent... They had brand few years back.. I think being one of the few motels in area-- they don't care keeping it uptodate..Dirty room, old furniture and sketchy motel, bad breakfast -- only plus front office staff.. I will never stay here again... Highly disappointed:((((((

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Tia S
I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to write a review for the hotel. I do apologize that they weren't satisfied with their accommodations. I also want to apologize that housekeeping was knocking on this guest's door at 8:30 in the morning. That is strange though, when housekeepers don't even clock in until 9am. However, I appreciate the feedback and will get to the bottom of that situation. I am aware that this guest has no desire to return and stay with us, but I do hope that they will reconsider that decision and give us an opportunity to provide them with the type of service we are capable of.
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We just check in and was a little sketchy after reading the reviews, but this place is great. Being greeted by the front desk staff Abagale and Kia, Kia who help with our reservations a month ago these ladies was very helpful and kind. They told us about the area ,restaurants and the night life. They gave off the first impression of the hotel Which was "True Hospitality". Our room is very nice wish we had the ocean front view room. Our partial view is just fine. The area is FANTASTIC!! You are directly on the beach, near by restaurants and gift shops. Parking is ok... With all the negatives comments about the hotel, you cant please all with there needs and wants but the palms hotel satisfied me and my husband!!! We def will return..........

Room Tip: Great hotel and staff lovely area
1 Thank INLOVEWITHJOSE
Angel S, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
We certainly love the title of this review! Most importantly, we love the fact that these guests really enjoyed their stay with us. Kia and Abagail will be tickled pink to know that their customer service was so appreciated by these guests. I am also delighted that these guests didn't allow the negative reviews to deter them from giving us a try. That is all that we ask, try us for yourself, and give us the opportunity to serve you with excellent customer service and clean, comfortable accommodations. Not to mention our wonderful location, and breathtaking views. We are looking forward to serving the needs of these guests again. We would like to thank them for taking the time to write a review for our hotel.
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We had not pre booked this hotel and came across it by chance. We wanted to stay for 3 nights but could only stay for 2, because they were fully booked. We had been touring for 4 weeks and it was nice to relax on the beach for a few days. There are not many hotels here and the price was very good. The hotel is very laid back and seaside'ish. Parking is nearby, everywhere is friendly and laid back,go and experience the magic of a little bit of South Carolina
It was about $258.00 for 2 night inc parking, breakfast, coffee 24 hours and taxes.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
We really appreciate this guest taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We are delighted that they were able to get a couple of days of relaxation while staying with us. The fact that they found everyone here to be friendly makes us happy. We certainly hope they will return to stay with us again in the near future.
Iron Mountain, Michigan
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Went to this hotel after reading the reviews and have to agree, cleanliness is not their priority. Even sent several emails (to which I received no answer) regarding my concerns, as we were traveling with a baby of crawling age. There was dirt in the corners, sand remained on the carpets after "cleaning" was done, and my husband actually cleaned the toilet after it remained untouched after two days. My daughter had her wallet stolen out of their safe (the manager Angel was the only real positive thing about this stay), and the only way to get fresh sheets was to totally undo the bed and leave the bedding in a lump on the bed. The real positive thing about this hotel had to be the location - the beach was fantastic and the water breathtaking. If I return to this area, it won't be to this hotel.

Room Tip: the king partial view rooms are okay
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Angel S, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to write a review for us. I want to thoroughly apologize for everything this guest had to endure while staying here. I was happy to do whatever was needed to accommodate this guest's daughter. I have never had to deal with a situation like that before. We had a temp service provide workers for us, and even though they ensure they perform background checks on employees they send out, we had this happen. I was thoroughly embarrassed by what happened even though it wasn't one of the employees on our payroll. Also, I am honestly not aware of the numerous emails this guest sent voicing their concerns. I am assuming these were sent before they actually came to stay with us. I'm not sure what email address this guest was using, but I apologize that the emails weren't addressed. I do hope they will return to stay with us again, despite their experience. I am confident they can come back and have the experience indicative of what our staff takes pride in providing. If they do decide to give us another chance, I would love for them to call and ask for me when making their reservations. I appreciated their feedback.
Franklin, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Good location but I felt unsafe and it was dirty. I would definitely not take any young children. In the early hours of the morning someone next door was screaming and crying like they were being murdered, and the cops came. I almost climbed out the window to leave. Definitely not worth the money, get a condo.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Angel S, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
It is unfortunate that this guest felt unsafe during their stay with us. They obviously had rowdy neighbors that caused a situation that resulted in the police having to be called. While we have no control over the clientele that decide to stay with us. We do all we can to diffuse any situation that a guest may cause, sometimes that would involve calling authorities to handle it. If anything, the police being there should make one feel a little safer, not the opposite. Having the authorities come to our hotel is a rare occurrence, but when we feel it is necessary, we do what we have to do to remove the problem, and ensure a safe environment for the rest of our guests. I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to voice their opinion.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Isle of Palms
Harbourview Inn
#5 of 60 in Charleston
French Quarter Inn
#2 of 60 in Charleston

Been to The Palms Oceanfront Hotel? Share your experiences!