“Won't be staying here again!!!”

The Palms Oceanfront Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Isle of Palms
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I can't believe that Priceline gave me this hotel for 3 star.. It's not even 2 star. We stayed here for 3 nights and got depressed entering this hotel and then room. Room was dirty period and looked like furniture was century old. We were stay over but house keeper banged the door every morning at 8.30 am.. Seriously come on.. Who does that? We had to put sign - do not disturb To stop that on third day..had to have our room changed too.. No cleanliness at all.. We were gonna stay 2 more days so we checked out and got room in mount pleasant.. Not through Priceline.. This was first and last time using Priceline also.. I even ask if they are a brand which I haven't heard off.. They said -- it's independent... They had brand few years back.. I think being one of the few motels in area-- they don't care keeping it uptodate..Dirty room, old furniture and sketchy motel, bad breakfast -- only plus front office staff.. I will never stay here again... Highly disappointed:((((((

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Tia S
Angel S, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to write a review for the hotel. I do apologize that they weren't satisfied with their accommodations. I also want to apologize that housekeeping was knocking on this guest's door at 8:30 in the morning. That is strange though, when housekeepers don't even clock in until 9am. However, I appreciate the feedback and will get to the bottom of that situation. I am aware that this guest has no desire to return and stay with us, but I do hope that they will reconsider that decision and give us an opportunity to provide them with the type of service we are capable of.

There are newer reviews for The Palms Oceanfront Hotel

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We just check in and was a little sketchy after reading the reviews, but this place is great. Being greeted by the front desk staff Abagale and Kia, Kia who help with our reservations a month ago these ladies was very helpful and kind. They told us about the area ,restaurants and the night life. They gave off the first impression of the hotel Which was "True Hospitality". Our room is very nice wish we had the ocean front view room. Our partial view is just fine. The area is FANTASTIC!! You are directly on the beach, near by restaurants and gift shops. Parking is ok... With all the negatives comments about the hotel, you cant please all with there needs and wants but the palms hotel satisfied me and my husband!!! We def will return..........

Room Tip: Great hotel and staff lovely area
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank INLOVEWITHJOSE
Angel S, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

We certainly love the title of this review! Most importantly, we love the fact that these guests really enjoyed their stay with us. Kia and Abagail will be tickled pink to know that their customer service was so appreciated by these guests. I am also delighted that these guests didn't allow the negative reviews to deter them from giving us a try. That is all that we ask, try us for yourself, and give us the opportunity to serve you with excellent customer service and clean, comfortable accommodations. Not to mention our wonderful location, and breathtaking views. We are looking forward to serving the needs of these guests again. We would like to thank them for taking the time to write a review for our hotel.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We had not pre booked this hotel and came across it by chance. We wanted to stay for 3 nights but could only stay for 2, because they were fully booked. We had been touring for 4 weeks and it was nice to relax on the beach for a few days. There are not many hotels here and the price was very good. The hotel is very laid back and seaside'ish. Parking is nearby, everywhere is friendly and laid back,go and experience the magic of a little bit of South Carolina
It was about $258.00 for 2 night inc parking, breakfast, coffee 24 hours and taxes.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

We really appreciate this guest taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We are delighted that they were able to get a couple of days of relaxation while staying with us. The fact that they found everyone here to be friendly makes us happy. We certainly hope they will return to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Went to this hotel after reading the reviews and have to agree, cleanliness is not their priority. Even sent several emails (to which I received no answer) regarding my concerns, as we were traveling with a baby of crawling age. There was dirt in the corners, sand remained on the carpets after "cleaning" was done, and my husband actually cleaned the toilet after it remained untouched after two days. My daughter had her wallet stolen out of their safe (the manager Angel was the only real positive thing about this stay), and the only way to get fresh sheets was to totally undo the bed and leave the bedding in a lump on the bed. The real positive thing about this hotel had to be the location - the beach was fantastic and the water breathtaking. If I return to this area, it won't be to this hotel.

Room Tip: the king partial view rooms are okay
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Angel S, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to write a review for us. I want to thoroughly apologize for everything this guest had to endure while staying here. I was happy to do whatever was needed to accommodate this guest's daughter. I have never had to deal with a situation like that before. We had a temp service provide workers for us, and even though they ensure they perform background checks on employees they send out, we had this happen. I was thoroughly embarrassed by what happened even though it wasn't one of the employees on our payroll. Also, I am honestly not aware of the numerous emails this guest sent voicing their concerns. I am assuming these were sent before they actually came to stay with us. I'm not sure what email address this guest was using, but I apologize that the emails weren't addressed. I do hope they will return to stay with us again, despite their experience. I am confident they can come back and have the experience indicative of what our staff takes pride in providing. If they do decide to give us another chance, I would love for them to call and ask for me when making their reservations. I appreciated their feedback.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Good location but I felt unsafe and it was dirty. I would definitely not take any young children. In the early hours of the morning someone next door was screaming and crying like they were being murdered, and the cops came. I almost climbed out the window to leave. Definitely not worth the money, get a condo.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Angel S, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

It is unfortunate that this guest felt unsafe during their stay with us. They obviously had rowdy neighbors that caused a situation that resulted in the police having to be called. While we have no control over the clientele that decide to stay with us. We do all we can to diffuse any situation that a guest may cause, sometimes that would involve calling authorities to handle it. If anything, the police being there should make one feel a little safer, not the opposite. Having the authorities come to our hotel is a rare occurrence, but when we feel it is necessary, we do what we have to do to remove the problem, and ensure a safe environment for the rest of our guests. I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to voice their opinion.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I just returned from a stay and all I can say is YUCK! This place needs a major cleaning. The furniture in the room was old and in need of replacement. There're was a huge bug that ran across my husbands foot in the bathroom. Hair on the bathroom floor. So much dust in the hair dryer it had a burning smell when it was used. It's too bad that such a nice location has such a terrible hotel. Most of the places were rental homes, but it was only 2 of us and we just needed a hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013

I do regret to read this review from an unsatisfied customer. I want to apologize to them for the condition they found their room in. I appreciate their feedback, and it has been taken to heart and shared with the staff. I do hope they will give us another chance to provide the type of accommodations we are capable of offering. The time they took to write this review was appreciated.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Spent a weekend there. Hotel is showing quite a bit of wear, but the thing that bothered me the most is that we ended up with a room with no outside window. One side if the hotel is incredibly close to the building next door, so none of the rooms on that side have any outside windows. That bothered me more than I would have thought. I hated having to leave the room to see what the weather was like, and hated waking up in the morning and not even being to tell if it was daylight out except by looking at the clock. Otherwise, it was decent, but nothing special. Bathroom was so small that a chunk had to be cut out of the bathroom door so it would clear the toilet when you opened it. Shower was good. Beds decent. AC was cold. Continental breakfast was pretty sparse, but staff was very nice. All in all, not a bad beach hotel, but make sure to get a room with a balcony!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Angel S, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to write a review to provide feedback about their stay. I am glad they found their accommodations to be satisfactory as far as the comfort of the beds and performance of the A/C unit. I am also glad to see that they found the staff to be friendly. I do hope this guest will return to stay with us, except this time getting a room that offers a view of some kind. I appreciated this guest staying with us, and I again would like to thank them for their time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Isle of Palms
Wyndham Garden Charleston Mount Pleasant
Belmond Charleston Place
Belmond Charleston Place
#13 of 61 in Charleston

Been to The Palms Oceanfront Hotel? Share your experiences!