“perfect for relaxing”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Isle of Palms
Granger, IN
“perfect for relaxing”
Reviewed July 2, 2008

Our family had never been to this part of the country before and were in need of some relaxing time together. The Palms Hotel completely fit the bill. Our ocean front room was spacious and literally steps away from the boardwalk to the beach.

With our door open at night, we could listen to the roar of the waves.

The beach was clean and gave us plenty of space to spread out, go for walks, and enjoy the sunrises and sunsets.

The staff was very helpful and the breakfasts were sufficient to get the day going.

We will be staying again if we make it back to the area. Highly recommend for the whole family.

• Liked — location to the beach
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Mount Pleasant
Reviewed July 1, 2008

As a resident of Charleston, it was such a treat to stay overnight at the beach and enjoy a "stay-cation". Our room at the Palms had a balcony over looking the water and beach- beautiful views. our room was so spacious and had all the amenites. the hotel was clean, neat and friendly staff. there was a complimentary "continental" breakfast, what a wonderful variety of breakfast items, a real treat. we also enjoyed the restaurants, bars and shops, right outside our hotel. I loved having a tropiclal drink nextdoor, overlooking the ocean. good value for ocean front room. we plan to return to the Palms soon because we really had a ball there!

• Liked — Cleanliness and views
  • Disliked — Nothing
Pacolet
Reviewed June 23, 2008

Our family stayed at the Palms Hotel last week. Our room was clean and housekeeping was very prompt each morning. The pool was clean and never overcrowded. We enjoyed being so close to local restaurants, gift shops, and the beach. We'd definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Close proximity to the beach
  • Disliked — 2 double beds in room-too small for 2 adults to sleep in!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Islandlife00, General Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2008
I would like to thank this guest for sharing their comments on tripadvisor. The Palms Hotel always provides the best customer service and accommodations possible. I will look into getting queen size beds when it is time to renovate the hotel. We are always looking for guest feedback so that we can make improvements at the Palms Hotel.
Bristol, VA
Reviewed June 8, 2008

Husband and I stayed two nights here last week. It was an ok motel for the price and location. It was clean, but does need an update! The front desk staff was very nice. The housekeeping service could be better. We did not get cups, bath mat, coffee, etc. on our second day and they left our dirty wash cloths, etc. in the bathroom. All of this was "little" things to us, however, our big problem with them was the elevator! It was terrible! You did not know if you would get stuck or what! They really need to update! We was only on it one time and that cured us! We had to use the steps and since I am disabled, that was not easy! Be careful booking on the website of the hotel. I thought I would have a king bed and it ended up being two (they called it double) beds. I called them 3/4 beds. We both could not sleep in one and so for the first time in our married life we slept apart. We enjoyed the area and thought the people were friendly and we would probably stay again if they get a new elevator or I could get 1st floor!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — elevator
ohio
Reviewed June 5, 2008

nice location, clean rooms, friendly staff. perfect access to beach and close by beach bars and restaurants.

• Liked — close to everything
  • Disliked — a bit older, needs a little updating
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed June 3, 2008

First off, I really enjoyed this vacation. For all of those bad reveiws I read before we got to the Hotel, I would like to say "This was a great Hotel to stay at for the price and amenities. The pool was great and for the price on the beach was exceptional. I was expecting the worse from reading the other reviews and was exceptionally suprised. If you are expecting a bed and breakfast then go a bed and breakfast and pay the huge $$. I will be going back to The Palms Hotel in October for a small vacation with my family. I absolutely would reccommend this hotel to anyone that asked. Again on the beach and the price, the room was very clean and the room service was great. This hotel earns an A+ from me.

• Liked — On the Beach access
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
Charleston , SC
Reviewed May 29, 2008

My girlfriend and I stayed two nights at this beautiful facility . The sound of the waves and the privacy of the balcony overlooking the beach was breathtaking . The room was very clean and nicely equipped . There is convenient parking and many great ammenities nearby . I would definately stay there again . - Jack Kiser

• Liked — General location , sound of beach
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
French Quarter
Harbourview Inn
Harbourview Inn
#5 of 61 in Charleston

Been to The Palms Oceanfront Hotel? Share your experiences!